Virginia Tech shootings: Two years on

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cSuidxE8os]YouTube - WE are VIRGINIA TECH[/ame]

These happened in my home town, just a few yards from where my mom works. One of my high school classmate's father was shot but survived.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
And for some reason not considered an act of "terrorism". Guess it wasn't brown people doing the shooting.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
And for some reason not considered an act of "terrorism". Guess it wasn't brown people doing the shooting.
:confused: For some stupid reason I thought it was considered and act of "domestic terrorism". Didn't know you had to be brown to be a terrorist.:clueless:

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Thought I would share this photo with the community, taken last night, at the VT Memorial for the 32 Hokies...

(Pic is not mine, it was posted to another msg board)

Attachments

• VT Remembrance.jpg
    VT Remembrance.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Actually, this is the shooter:

_42820057_cho3_pa416.jpg

I wouldn't call this terrorism. Terrorism advances a political agenda. Cho was just nuts.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Thought I would share this photo with the community, taken last night, at the VT Memorial for the 32 Hokies...

(Pic is not mine, it was posted to another msg board)

Your's or not it was something to see, Thank You for passing it on. Very, Very Touching. One place with all of thoes people together with so much love for their friends or for a loss at such a young age........no such thing as CLOSURE. "Remember Always"

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Actually, this is the shooter:

_42820057_cho3_pa416.jpg

I wouldn't call this terrorism. Terrorism advances a political agenda. Cho was just nuts.

Terrorism doesn't always have to advance a political agenda. Some terrorize for the sake of terrorism.

Last edited:

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
This along with many other mass shootings are just senseless acts of violence that just is hard to grasp. It leaves me heartbroken for those that have suffered direct losses, and for America that loses great human potential. Very sad, I just always wish for a better outcome that people that go on these shooting sprees encounter someone that shoots back before they can hurt so many people kind of like what happened in that church shooting awhile back when an armed lady pulled a gun and killed the shooter.

BTW Blyons, this thread isn't in the political forum, so many here might not get your sarcasm. Your comments are more fitting to the political forum rather than the studio lounge.