Video Game News

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'll start the thread out with a big one!

Rockstar not pulling any punches with the new Red Dead game:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Is So Realistic That Horses' Balls Shrink In Cold Weather

h1.png

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I hate those games where you need to buy stuff to get ahead.

I got wrapped up into one that builds forts and militaries to attack other maps. It's name escapes me now but I think I spent something like €100 playing it. There was no way around spending money to get ahead... needless to say, I quit that kind.

Reactions: JHDK and Wolf

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I hate those games where you need to buy stuff to get ahead.

I got wrapped up into one that builds forts and militaries to attack other maps. It's name escapes me now but I think I spent something like €100 playing it. There was no way around spending money to get ahead... needless to say, I quit that kind.

Microtransactions will ruin gaming. It's fine when what you are buying is an extra, somewhat large, chunk of the game like with Breath of the Wild, but when they start charging for XP or a better weapon or stuff like that it gets into a scary area. You can grind for like 20 hours to get the weapon or pay $2, $5 or whatever $$ to get it right away. Grinding to get those things is fun in a well made games, in games where they are trying to get more of your money, the grind is an un-fun slog.

Nintendo published games (generally speaking) are a good example of paid DLC done right.
E.A. published games (generally speaking) are a good example of DLC done awfully wrong.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
e3 is on!

It's been going for a couple days now but the part I care about is Nintendo and they have their 40 min video presentation today at 12 EST. Really all I want to see in Animal Crossing news. Anything else will be a bonus. I played AC for 3ds for about 300 hours. It's such a fun, relaxing, cute game I can't wait to have a new on on the Switch.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
In personal video game news, I just played 8 straight hours of the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons game. I woke up at 7:30 and just stopped playing. The only break I took was for a shower.

#ShelterInPlace
#Unemployed

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I spent two hours today playing old school Legend of Zelda on NES (on the wii).

Stay at home day 11

That's a great one. The newest Zelda, Breath of the Wild takes a ton of inspiration from that OG game where it just throws you into the game and you can go wherever you want exploring. My favorite 2d Zelda has to be it's sequel on the SNES though, A Link to the Past.

Still going strong with Animal Crossing over here. It's a lot of fun. Today I plan to craft a bedroom set. Very exciting stuff!

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Big Breaking News!

After a mere 65 hours of gameplay I finally unlocked terraforming In Animal Crossing New Horizons. I just made a creek that went from a river to a pond.

As you all can see #UnemploymentLife is going great.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Nintendo is having their first direct in over 500 days today!

Nintendo Direct is basically just a video where they show off what they are working on and often some games get released the same day. A few years back Nintendo realized they can simply put out their own videos instead of going through places like E3 or other media events. They have had "Partner Direct"s and "Direct Mini"s but not a full on Direct since 2019. It's going to be 50 minutes long and I'm hoping for Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 news (or at least some Zelda news, 2021 is the 35 anniversary of the franchise), Metroid Prime news and info on a major Animal Crossing update.

We'll see what happens. It starts a 5pm est.

Last edited: