Veganism

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You only need 3 or 4 ingredients to make bread, yet your typical loaf of commercially produced bread has 30 or so.

i buy publix whole wheat bread cause it's the cheapest that isn't plain white bread. this conversation got me interested so i looked up the ingredients. you're not kidding when you say it take like 30 different things to make 1, $1.50 loaf of bread. to be fair there are really only 6 main ingredients. i assume the minor amounts of all the other stuff are mostly for preservative reasons.

whole wheat flour, water, sugar, wheat gluten, cane refinery syrup, yeast, contains 2% or less of each of the following: soybean oil, salt, raisin juice concentrate, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, dough conditioners (contains one or more of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium stearoyl lactylate, monoglycerides, diglycerides, calcium peroxide, calcium iodate, datem, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, azodicarbonamide, enzymes), calcium sulfate, soy lecithin, wheat starch, topping: wheat cuts, wheat flakes, wheat bran, flaxseed.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Their 100% Whole Wheat has honey and yeast in it.

I don't eat that. I stick to the 12 Grain stuff.

if a woman is vegan does than mean she's not allowed to swallow?

The main tenant of veganism is to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.

Obviously, if you have an ant or termite infestation, you're nuking them bitches.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't eat that. I stick to the 12 Grain stuff.

That has DATEM, which can be made from animals. But I have a bigger issue with that bread.

Ingredients: WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, WATER, SUGAR, WHEAT GLUTEN, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, CRACKED WHEAT, RYE, CELLULOSE FIBER, OATS, SOYBEAN OIL, YEAST, GROUND CORN, SALT, MOLASSES, BUCKWHEAT, BROWN RICE, PRESERVATIVES (CALCIUM PROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), MONOGLYCERIDES, TRITICALE, CALCIUM SULFATE, BARLEY, FLAXSEED, MILLET, DATEM, GRAIN VINEGAR, SOY LECITHIN, NUTS [WALNUTS AND/OR HAZELNUTS (FILBERTS) AND/OR ALMONDS], MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE

1. Wheat
2. Rye
3. Oats
4. Corn
5. Buckwheat
6. Rice
7. Triticale
8. Barley
9. Flaxseed
10. Millet

That's 10 grain bread at best. Where are the other 2 grains??

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
That has DATEM, which can be made from animals. But I have a bigger issue with that bread.

Ingredients: WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, WATER, SUGAR, WHEAT GLUTEN, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, CRACKED WHEAT, RYE, CELLULOSE FIBER, OATS, SOYBEAN OIL, YEAST, GROUND CORN, SALT, MOLASSES, BUCKWHEAT, BROWN RICE, PRESERVATIVES (CALCIUM PROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), MONOGLYCERIDES, TRITICALE, CALCIUM SULFATE, BARLEY, FLAXSEED, MILLET, DATEM, GRAIN VINEGAR, SOY LECITHIN, NUTS [WALNUTS AND/OR HAZELNUTS (FILBERTS) AND/OR ALMONDS], MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE

1. Wheat
2. Rye
3. Oats
4. Corn
5. Buckwheat
6. Rice
7. Triticale
8. Barley
9. Flaxseed
10. Millet

That's 10 grain bread at best. Where are the other 2 grains??
I'd be more concerned with the Cellulose Fiber. Yuck.