Various Thoughts

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Listening to old shows (been working my way up from 1999 to present very slowly for the last 20 years). I'm up to March 20, 2002. Found this interesting:

(Talking about Robin's cats)
HOWARD: Isn't it true your boyfriend (Mister X) takes some of the cats in?
ROBIN: No, he has four of his own.
HOWARD: When did he get into cats?
ROBIN: He got into cats by learning about mine.
GARY: That's like a thing you do to get a chick.
HOWARD: One cat is okay, seven is a little- y'know that's getting into 'cat lady weird'.
ROBIN: I'll tell you, you can have some if you want.
HOWARD: No! I don't want any animals.
GARY: If your boyfriend gets one more cat, I'm gonna question his sexuality.
HOWARD: Right.
ARTIE: Really.
HOWARD: Wow. You got seven over there, that's crazy.

stern-jpg.5520

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Look what I just found:

I assume this has been talked about on the show? I don't really listen that much these days.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm watching the Pastor Manning video again.

It finally hit me...a black person who yells and who hates black people.

Pastor Manning needs to meet up with
Angry Alice.

Tell me that would NOT be radio plutonium.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Things Howard Hates...

Things I Hate:
Those freaking 3D photos on Facebook. I don't want the photo to scroll with me.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm hopping around 101 and here's the tribute to Ted Kennedy when he died and they did the voices, then they went to Sal in Harlem to get comments from people. He asked if they think Mary Jo was ok with him and what they'd say to her. The comments were not surprising at all.

I also heard when Ben and Rae lost power and they used clips of Howard talking as his parents to call the power company.

And now I'm remembering that I totally forgot when they did Butt Billionaire. This segment was one of my favorite.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I remember exactly where I was when kennedy died and they're were rolling. I was having lunch in my car and also rolling on the floor.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Not that day. haha, I love that clip when he starts singing in spanish and it sounds like he's sauced up a bit trying to catch up with the band.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Does anyone remember when the American Idol judges were in the studio to judge a band and they ended up saying the band didn't have talent and wasn't going to make it, but in reality, they already had at least one hit single?

I really want to say that was Nickelback.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Does anyone remember when the American Idol judges were in the studio to judge a band and they ended up saying the band didn't have talent and wasn't going to make it, but in reality, they already had at least one hit single?

I really want to say that was Nickelback.
I think it was Puddle of Mud.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Has anyone noticed that Howard doesn't seem to talk about Peloton much these days? Also ...has anyone also noticed that Echelon is a sponsor of the show?

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Still listening to 2002 shows, I'm up to March 28. Howard just said good bye and congrats to Andre Gardner (the button pusher / show censor) because he scored an afternoon DJ gig. Stern: "I don't hate you, I hate what you did."

I got curious so I searched Andre. A 2019 article says...

Beasley Media Group, LLC; a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BBGI) announces Afternoon Drive Personality Andre Gardner has signed a multi-year deal to remain at WMGK-FM in Philadelphia. Gardner, who recently celebrated his 17th anniversary on the air on Monday, April 15th, originally joined the legendary classic rock station back in April of 2002. He has held the same afternoon drive slot from 2-7pm as well as has hosted the 7-9am Sunday Morning Breakfast with the Beatles Show throughout his tenure at WMGK-FM.

He went from Stern show button presser to afternoon DJ, and has been in that same slot ever since!

Andre-Gardner-signs-multi-year-deal-1080x675.jpeg

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
One of Howard's outrage bursts was caused by Andre pushing the button on when Robin had fellatio on the sink.

Howard was sarcastically wondering if he could say "Andre" because he couldn't say "fellatio on."

Tom was telling him that both "fellatio" and "on" were approved words, but the two combined were bad.

It was good radio.

Reactions: sadchild

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Just imagine if Eric the Actor and Gilbert Gottfried were on the show at the same time.