Various Thoughts

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Listened to the Meagan Trainor interview again. I thought it was very good.. mostly because of her. She answered every question articulately, frankly and rapidly. Poor old Howard had trouble interrupting her. I found her song writer/performer journey very interesting. I think she said that when JLo asked her to write a song for her that she (MT) sent her (JLo) a recording she had made of "I Ain't Your Mama" and JLo took her (MT's) backup vocals (to MT's lead) from the recording and used them on the JLo version. I would like to have heard more details but I think it passed right by Howard.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yeah someone obviously did a good job with background research for the interview. And I must admit that Howard is a real pro, working off the notes. However, he doesn't have firsthand knowledge of her career, or the music industry, so this is what you get; the guest (hopefully) being allowed to articulate her story for the appreciation of the listeners.

I know Marc Maron's no youngster, but he's on top of the music scene, so he can have a more realistic conversation with artists.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Howard took AGT travel weeks off. He doesn't need to anymore.

His leave is compiling faster, so he will be off these two weeks. He will probably do something similar for the Fourth of July and Labor Day too. The weather is warm. Between the choice of talking to us or getting his wife in a bikini in Florida, he will choose the latter.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard took AGT travel weeks off. He doesn't need to anymore.

His leave is compiling faster, so he will be off these two weeks. He will probably do something similar for the Fourth of July and Labor Day too. The weather is warm. Between the choice of talking to us or getting his wife in a bikini in Florida, he will choose the latter.

Howard's leave is also far different from any other on-air talent at the company. At one year in, he got ten weeks off. Any schmo would have to work YEARS for that.

He sits down with his team and plots out what days he wants to work...probably does so in October/November for the next year...it's best like this, so that Don can get the guests in.

That's a good point about the AGT stuff, but I bet that was also figured in to those weeks off. He always claimed he never got additional vacation time for AGT.

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
He didn't necessarily get extra vacation time for AGT, but he had a lot of short weeks because of it. My guess is we won't have those short weeks much this year and instead will have more full weeks off.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
He didn't necessarily get extra vacation time for AGT, but he had a lot of short weeks because of it. My guess is we won't have those short weeks much this year and instead will have more full weeks off.

i think that will definitely be the case this summer.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Exactly. The complaints were that he took more time off for AGT. All he did was move a Monday-Wednesday to three Wednesdays.

As long as he works the prescribed number of days, he's good. He could theoretically do five days a week and be done in April or May.

That is also why he worked those Thursdays back in 2011 or 2012. Someone goofed and thought all was good, but he was short on number of days worked.

Remember how July and August used to be brutal with two weeks off, two weeks on, a week off, two on, etc? We didn't get that the past few years because he took all those Wednesdays off. Now, people will complain when he's off for full weeks as if he gets more time off, all of a sudden.

I think it's largely the same general idea:
Week off in February for President's Day.
Two off for July 4th.
Thanksgiving week off.
Labor Day week off.
Two at the end of the year.
Memorial Day week off.
NYC schools week off in March or so.
Another random week off that I forget where it is. (August?)

That's the ten he got on FM. I really don't think it's changed much other than the addition of Thursdays and Fridays off.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Back when Andy Samberg was on, and he was glowing about his wife Joanna Newsom's awesome musical talent, I was thinking about how Howard has no clue about her. She makes super-weird music that they play on the indie channels. She has a really odd voice, and if Howard knew anything about her music, he'd be all over Samberg. Just thought that was funny.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
happy memorial day!

Reactions: Bark

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm listening to Howard goof on the Libertarians. You'd think he'd be all over them in a positive way. They're pro-gun, I don't know about their abortion stance, but IMO, it seems like Republicans without the hard-core religious stance.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm listening to Howard goof on the Libertarians. You'd think he'd be all over them in a positive way. They're pro-gun, I don't know about their abortion stance, but IMO, it seems like Republicans without the hard-core religious stance.
He disses anything that's not massively popular, and the Libertarian movement is on his "loser" list.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He disses anything that's not massively popular, and the Libertarian movement is on his "loser" list.

True. Of course, as soon as I made my previous post, I got to the part where Brent came in and explained everything.

Brent is always the cool headed one of the group. (Except for Jack Daniels.) It's a shame he's not given more time or a show of his own. Who was it that had the conspiracy show on H101? John the Stutterer?

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
True. Of course, as soon as I made my previous post, I got to the part where Brent came in and explained everything.

Brent is always the cool headed one of the group. (Except for Jack Daniels.) It's a shame he's not given more time or a show of his own. Who was it that had the conspiracy show on H101? John the Stutterer?
Isn't Brent a 9/11 conspiracy guy? That writes him off as a kook right there.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Isn't Brent a 9/11 conspiracy guy? That writes him off as a kook right there.
I agree. He believes that 7 World Trade Center was intentionally blown up because it seemed to implode. I knew people who worked there and I following it during the day. It was bombarded with hot debris from 1 WTC that started numerous fires. The fire extinguishing system did not function property. The Fire Department has an hour by hour chronicle of its demise. There was no blast. I think the center gave out and the building collapsed.

Reactions: JHDK