V--Anybody Else Watching This?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Out of town tonight and I had a late training session to do but I made it back in time to watch the second installment of the miniseries V on ABC. I watched the first part last Tuesday and really enjoyed it and episode 2 was just as good.

I'm a little too young to remember the first one that came on sometime in the 80's so please don't spoil it for me, everyone but just wanted to see if anybody else is enjoying this as much as I am.

Anyway, on Tuesday's at 8pm on ABC.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I used to love watching the original series.
They replayed it on the SyFy network the other week.
Damn it was bad. Who woulda known?

Watched the last two of the new series. Sooo much better.

And the alien leader? HOT! Even with the bug eyes.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
It definitely went down in quality as the years went by. The original min-series was fantastic. The second mini was good but a little shallower and the weekly series was pretty craptastic. So far, I like the new version although I kind of miss the slower pace of the original mini. In the original, the slow build-up allowed you to really get involved in the story before the aliens' secret was revealed.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I used to love watching the original series.
They replayed it on the SyFy network the other week.
Damn it was bad. Who woulda known?

Watched the last two of the new series. Sooo much better.

And the alien leader? HOT! Even with the bug eyes.

There is something sexy about the leader of the V's. You know what, truth be told, I would do her, even knowing that she is a reptile underneath. True. True.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I was looking forward to it last week but was very disappointed after I saw it. It was cheesy and lame in my opinion.

On another scifi note, I rented the pilot for the new Battlestar Galactica series Caprica and now I am super pumped for that series to get rolling!

On yet another scifi note, I also rented the BSG movie "The Plan" which turned out to be very lame. really just a glorified flashback episode if you ask me.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
That head alien broad is the chick that played Inara on Firefly/Serenity. She's way hotter when she doesn't have a little boy haircut. Firefly fans probably noticed that Washburn is also in V (Alan Tudyk).

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
With all these Firefly actors now on ABC, you'd think they would've kept the show around longer. But at least they have work now.

But I watched the first half of the show, then got bored. Mostly due to the Independence Day references, and the fact I'm convinced the ailiens are fattening up the human race with their peace so they can eat us. See the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man" for proof.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I thought the first episode was OK. The head alien is hot, but that blonde MILF in the resistance is super hot, at least I think so.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I thought the first episode was OK. The head alien is hot, but that blonde MILF in the resistance is super hot, at least I think so.

Elizabeth Mitchell. She's been in a million shows.

I'll take the young blonde V in the uniform.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The whole show is a shallow attempt to play on Obama-noia. Secret takeovers, conspiracies--even a mention of "universal health care" when the boy wonder reporter interviewed the lizard queen. It's lame.

I would also do the lizard queen.

Reactions: xan_user

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I thought it was okay in a basic cable TNT/USA series type of way. I think the producers where also involved in The 4400 and this new version of V sure does have that same type of gloss on it. It just seems out of place on network tv.

Elizabeth Mitchell is waayyy hot.

Morena Baccarin looks so much better with long hair in Firefly, but does pull of the "lizard look" with that boy hair.

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I watched the original series in the 80's, and I'm watching this one as well.

So far I'm enjoying it, they seem to be staying true to the original. I don't entirely remember the 1st series, but as things happen in the current one it comes back to me.