Used 2005 Ford Explorer - need ESN #

georgiamom

Mar 7, 2009
I bought a used 2005 Ford Explorer with Sirius factory installed. I listened to Sirius on the old owner's account for awhile, but it has now expired. I have a Sirius account myself, so I tried to add this receiver to my account, but I need the ESN #. Since the previous account has been deactivated, I can not get any Sirius channels (therefore can't see the channel that displays ESN). I have tried many combinations of buttons suggested to me (1 and 6, SAT and 1, Eject and Time) none worked. The Ford dealer pulled the radio out and looked at the back...no number. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find the ESN? I have also contacted the used car dealer to see if they could contact the previous owner as a last resort. Thanks.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I bought a used 2005 Ford Explorer with Sirius factory installed. I listened to Sirius on the old owner's account for awhile, but it has now expired. I have a Sirius account myself, so I tried to add this receiver to my account, but I need the ESN #. Since the previous account has been deactivated, I can not get any Sirius channels (therefore can't see the channel that displays ESN). I have tried many combinations of buttons suggested to me (1 and 6, SAT and 1, Eject and Time) none worked. The Ford dealer pulled the radio out and looked at the back...no number. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find the ESN? I have also contacted the used car dealer to see if they could contact the previous owner as a last resort. Thanks.

Only thing I can think of if the codes didn't work is go to the Ford dealer again, and instead of pulling the radio out, have them pull the satellite unit (its gonna be in a different place than the radio, I've heard passenger side near the glove box on Explorers but not 100% sure) and hopefully there will be a sticker on it with the ESN on it.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Even if the radio is deactivated you should still get channel 184, and a channel with no audio, just a display of the radio ESN. The number will also be displayed on the Sirius tuner box.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I have an '08 Ford and mine works this way:

1. Be in SAT mode (not totally sure if this is necessary)
2. Depress "AUX" and "1" simultaneously for up to 5 seconds and the ESN should appear on the radio display.

georgiamom

Mar 7, 2009
When I press SAT - it says Call Sirius
I can't get any channels (even 184)
I do not have an AUX button (just CD AUX) is that the same?
I will look on the passenger side near the glove box for the satellite unit.
Thanks for all of your help!!