Upgrading to Lifetime on a current prepaid sub

bigdnwi

Jan 27, 2009
I have 2 radios, one a 2 year sub that I renewed Nov. 2008 and my 2nd I reupped for 2 years in early March 2009 before the price increase. If I were to upgrade these to lifetime now, would:

1. Sirius credit the difference between the lifetime and 2 yr. sub
2. Will Sirius still offer free internet to the first and will the 2nd still be at the 6.99 price not 8.99 since it was already a prepaid sub

bigdnwi

Jan 27, 2009
OK, I figured out part of it. They charge $399 less any remaining prepaid subscription. However, they charge $399 it doesn't matter if it's the first, second, third radio. The only thing I'm not sure of is the free internet I have now, if I upgrade to lifetime from a 2yr. prepaid sub, will that continue. I listen online at work so the 32K is good enough on a cheap laptop speaker.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Well I've had Lifetime for a couple years now and can listen online for free, so you should be able to unless something has changed with that.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have 2 radios, one a 2 year sub that I renewed Nov. 2008 and my 2nd I reupped for 2 years in early March 2009 before the price increase. If I were to upgrade these to lifetime now, would:

1. Sirius credit the difference between the lifetime and 2 yr. sub
2. Will Sirius still offer free internet to the first and will the 2nd still be at the 6.99 price not 8.99 since it was already a prepaid sub

OK, I figured out part of it. They charge $399 less any remaining prepaid subscription. However, they charge $399 it doesn't matter if it's the first, second, third radio. The only thing I'm not sure of is the free internet I have now, if I upgrade to lifetime from a 2yr. prepaid sub, will that continue. I listen online at work so the 32K is good enough on a cheap laptop speaker.

That is correct. $399 less the pro-rated remainder of your subscription. I do not believe free internet comes with the lifetime although since your radios qualify for free internet right now, yours is a special situation. My guess is your current internet will remain active forever because Sirius will never get around to cancelling it as your sub will not expire. No guarentees though.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
That is correct. $399 less the pro-rated remainder of your subscription. I do not believe free internet comes with the lifetime although since your radios qualify for free internet right now, yours is a special situation. My guess is your current internet will remain active forever because Sirius will never get around to cancelling it as your sub will not expire. No guarentees though.

What did they stop giving out the free internet with lifetime?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I came back to XM on Nov 4 & activated with a 4yr sub. Around Jan 7th they let me switch to a lifetime sub w/BoS & the prorated the balance of my 4yr sub :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
What did they stop giving out the free internet with lifetime?

I originally thought the 32k internet stream would be free for us lifetime subscribers. The music quality I receive now is superior so I think the premium stream is given to "lifetimers" at no extra charge. No complaints here.

You also have an option to space the payments over a five month period.