Unfortunate (people's) names

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I thought of this when I answered kingchuck's quiz on the board a little while ago.

Moon Unit... what an unfortunate name! lol

I once new a girl named "Sunshine". Swear to god!

:rolleyes:

Oren

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I met a woman named "Aquanetta" once.

"Barack Hussein Obama" has an unfortunate name. He's the "Gaydolf Shitler" of his generation.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
Dana Carvey did a good bit about Obama in his HBO special this summer. He said Obama's name couldn't be worse if it was Charles Manson Hitler. Then he said he should find a guy named OJ Scott Peterson to be his running mate. Lulz.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
I remember there was a college basketball player named Scientific Mapps...he had a brother with an equally odd name that I can't recall right now

Last edited:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I met a woman named "Aquanetta" once.

"Barack Hussein Obama" has an unfortunate name. He's the "Gaydolf Shitler" of his generation.

LOL! He DOES!

A LONG time ago my friend's sister, Trudy, (a hot girl, late twenties at the time, and she was a party-girl. She looked like a more attractive, young, thin, Kirstie Alley. Very attractive. But I digress... lol)

Anyway, after years, I learned that her name was "Gertrude". She was named after her mom. (I had NO idea).

So I'm at work, I was in my early-mid 20's doing lab work with an older guy (50-ish) who I admired.

The conversation was kinda like this:

Me: "My friend Melissa.. I had no idea that her sister's name, Trudy, was short for GERTRUDE!!" That's SUCH an UGLY name!! It's a HORRENDOUS name!"

Him: "My WIFE'S name is Gertrude!!"

Me: (totally backpedaling) "Oh! Well... the name is better for an OLDER WOMAN."

Him: "You don't need to back pedal!"

Oren

LOL!! He was a wise guy. SO embarrassing (for me), but we were fine with each other after that though. No hard feelings.

:p

Last edited:

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I'm not sure if this story's true or not...

Years ago, there was a black woman with the last name "King" and was in labor. As she was wheeled into the Maternity Ward, she noticed that the two doors she went through on the stretcher had two signs. The right door said "king", but she noticed that the left door read "nosmo". She loved the name so much that she named her son Nosmo King.

She found out later that the doors read "No Smoking".

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
A friend of mine once dated a girl named Tambi. I guess her parents were unsure if Tami, or Bambi would be slutty enough to insure she'd be a stripper.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Sold cars to:

Hap Hazard, that was his real name. It was on his license.

Dick Head, he was a American Airlines Pilot and his name was Dick, not Richard.