Underdog Lady on 101

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Anyone hearing this?

Just tuned in, All the calls are nice and polite, but there are sometimes 10 second or longer dead air segments, makes me think she is dumping all the prank and funny calls.

She's talking about Obama, and shying from the underdog talk.

Very odd show, its a trainwreck, but its also lacking some funny. Is this the "big" show howard talked about? I hope not.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
OK, so this is the show that Howard must have been alluding to...right?:scratch:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I bailed after caller #2... I remember Howard telling Booey to make this happen, but I think that even though he may not have had the right reason (Booey figured she wouldn't do it), he had the right idea. This show was better off not bothered with.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
This was entertaining for about 1 minute. They really need to institute some quality control. Is this what Howard's channels was supposed to be about? Its like his H100/101 have become cable access channels. Its stuff like this that gets fans questioning his work ethic. This is supposed to be professional, pay-for-listen satellite radio for God's sakes!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I like the idea of people like her hopping onto the airwaves sometimes.

I do agree though that it was a borefest most of the time, but listening to her sing and fumble across the callers was worth it.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I like the idea of people like her hopping onto the airwaves sometimes.

I do agree though that it was a borefest most of the time, but listening to her sing and fumble across the callers was worth it.
I think some Wack Packers could handle their own show (Ham Hand Bills, for example). But they need support. Its not enough to turn on the mic, they need to back them up with some production and writing. Let RichardandSal or Benji do some writing for them; I'm sure they'd love the chance to work on something where they have a little more control and freedom. Instead, they just put these people on the air and call it radio. Its not.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Looks like there will be more Suzanne Muldowney on Howard 101. According to Howard on Wednesday's show, "Tim (Sabian) has already arranged a big, big show with The Underdog Lady". I didn't hear her show on Monday, but those clips Howard played were hilarious. That's the thing with these "specialty shows". I don't think they're necessarily entertaining on their own, but the real payoff is when JD breaks them down and Howard and crew analyze them the next day.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
The phony phone call was great (and I usually hate them). She sounded like a F'd up cross between the 9/11 truth hippie with the access cable show, and that bitchy congresswoman who did the "You knew . . .!!!" speech after the Janet Jackson Superbowl fiasco.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Looks like there will be more Suzanne Muldowney on Howard 101. According to Howard on Wednesday's show, "Tim (Sabian) has already arranged a big, big show with The Underdog Lady". I didn't hear her show on Monday, but those clips Howard played were hilarious. That's the thing with these "specialty shows". I don't think they're necessarily entertaining on their own, but the real payoff is when JD breaks them down and Howard and crew analyze them the next day.
Agreed, The specialty shows sometimes just serve as an extra hour for the main show that they can go back to later to analyze. Just more material for the show.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I could understand being so critical if this show was scripted, recorded and produced and it came out badly, but when its an untested person on LIVE, its gonna be hit or miss. And the post-promotion the shows get on The Show can be really good. Howard, Fred and Artie riffing on Riley is just as, if not more entertaining, than listening to Riley himself...