Ugh...Just Renewed

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I have a 2 year sub for Sirius. I just got my bill and I was shocked.

I know we have discuss the "royalty fees" here before. But it made my sub renewal cost $313 for two years.

Oh well, I guess. I do love my Sirius.

I wonder if I should go lifetime?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

I know we have discuss the "royalty fees" here before. But it made my sub renewal cost $313 for two years.

Welcome to my world. I've been canceled for months now because I got the 6 month bill. Mine went up 100%.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Yeah, I am really glad I did the lifetime plan way back when. I just got a reminder card about my renewal in January and it'll be about $11 more for a full year. I don't even really listen to the music channels. Still worth it for me since Howard is still around, but we'll have to see what happens around renewal time next year...

On another note, I really liked the reminder card that they sent. It broke down the costs and told me to expect the charge on my credit card unless I wanted to cancel. I know people get miffed at Sirius's auto-renew plans, but I have never received a reminder card from any other service for which I am auto-renewed. It was a nice touch on the part of Sirius.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Yes, go lifetime on a radio you know you'll like 3.5 years from now :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It is true that those royalty fees are a pop especially if you are paying on a multi-year plan. I've just never trusted them enough to do that, I've been quarterly for 8 years or so. Don't plan on changing now! This gives me the option to walk away at anytime within 90 days. Not saying I will, but I like having the option! I also like to change equipment too much and I never keep radios!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
DAB, it was those damn fees. It was like $46 more dollars.

It is already paid, so I have until November 2011 to decide what to do after. :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

It is already paid, so I have until November 2011 to decide what to do after. :)

You and I both should have done a lifetime, but because we both at the time when these things were kicking liked to swap equipment so much we didn't. I don't really regret my decision unless I think about it. LOL

They are quick to grab that money off your credit card now! hehehe

I am actually enjoying sat radio more now than I have in a while. So, I can't complain too much!

Did you ever bite the bullet on an iPod Touch? I thought I seen you say you were considering it and then maybe going with a Skydock?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
My wife has the iPod Touch. She got it free when I got my new MBP. I just don't need another toy now.

I am happy for the moment with toys.

I'm not sure what I'll get next. I'm already itching for a Storm 2. :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My wife has the iPod Touch. She got it free when I got my new MBP. I just don't need another toy now.

I am happy for the moment with toys.

I'm not sure what I'll get next. I'm already itching for a Storm 2. :)

Yeah, I am content right now with my toys as well. I am just so happy that AT&T finally kicked our 3G on a few weeks ago, I get full signal at home and at my main office. Still no 3G in many of my outreach clinics, but I can live with that.

I also sort of wish Verizon was better in my area, but their coverage is horrid! I just like having options down the road, but maybe it will get better.

The Storm 2 looks pretty sweet!

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I should be receiving my radio today, and I will be putting a Lifetime Sub on it... So yes, I say you should get the Lifetime Sub for your SIRIUS!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yes, go lifetime on a radio you know you'll like 3.5 years from now :)

Or in my case, a radio which may crap out 3.5 months from now. :eek:

It is true that those royalty fees are a pop especially if you are paying on a multi-year plan. I've just never trusted them enough to do that, I've been quarterly for 8 years or so. Don't plan on changing now! This gives me the option to walk away at anytime within 90 days. Not saying I will, but I like having the option! I also like to change equipment too much and I never keep radios!

Exactly. It's nice to be able to cancel, especially depending on what happens to 100/101 a year from now.

Too bad Sirius XM doesn't have a "Howard/O&A exclusive" package. $8.99 a month just for those two channels. I wonder how many new subscribers they'd get just for those chanels.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008

AHHH the lifetime is only $80 more I think

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I would. I wish I did when fools were telling me to do so 4 years ago.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You're right. I just looked.

What is the royalty fee on a lifetime sub? Anyone know?

I might as well do it now.....maybe.

I think it ends up being $500. I still just can't see it! I know it pays for itself in the long run, but just the thought of giving them $500 on a wing and a prayer. Heck you are more than half-way there though!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

If you go lifetime now, they will credit almost all of your 2 year sub + fees against the $399 + royaltee fee. If you were doing 3 years, lifetime is a no brainer (only $50 more). 2 years is a bit of a difference.

I lifetimed my XM the minute I heard about the royaltee fees.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008

I am obviously missing someting here....

$313 / 24 = $13.04 per month ?????? Sounds like a good deal unless you're talking about this radio being a 2nd radio on your account.