U2 - Songs Of Innocence

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
I thought it was free to all iTunes users. Doesn't matter to me. I hate U2.
I took a screenshot of the rules from iTunes, but after reading the rules. You need an iOS device, but it does say iTunes music library from your PC or Mac. So I guess, you can download it from iTunes? I tried earlier on my PC and couldn't find the download button, so instead I downloaded it from my iOS device.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I got nothing. In the U2 ad it says "purchased"; in my library, it doesn't appear in my purchased list. I don't have a cloud button. I have an iPod shuffle.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Did you click the download button? (Don't know what the interface looks like on your Shuffle.)
I clicked purchase, then had to click the download icon. It's doing it now.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I got nothing. In the U2 ad it says "purchased"; in my library, it doesn't appear in my purchased list. I don't have a cloud button. I have an iPod shuffle.
I had to logout of iTunes and then sign back in for it to work... Then the songs magically appeared

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I found this on an Apple forum:

Apple forget one important message: Open iTunes Preferences, click on the Store icon (tab) and make sure "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" is checked. Once it is checked, the album will show in your Music Library.
:rolleyes:

I have the album now.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I think the album is very listenable. It's like Coldplay--inoffensive, radio-friendly. (I hate Coldplay.) I didn't find anything that grabbed me right away. Cedarwood Road has a nice little hook played by the Edge and Larry Mullen Jr. but it's buried in a Coldplay song. I'm still wondering where the U2 of "Red Hill Mining Town" and "God Part II" went, but I'm old and irritable.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron