Two Week For Free?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Are they running the typical 2 week free listening right now? A friend has all access in her car and paying for streaming, which I use. But I turned on my 4 old inno radios (friend donated his 3 for the radio museum in my basement )and they're getting at least the mostly music channels right now. All of them can't decide whether to bi in horizontal or vertical while docked or off the dock. The repeater died here a while ago and the antenna works pretty good pointing east. I imagine since they haven't been updated in 2+ years they've gone tits up. The old xm backgrounds are loaded up too which takes me back.

Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

MountainMan

May 18, 2018
They are advertising a free listening period. Not sure if it is a subset. Sounds like it might be all.

Do you know if this has been confirmed? I have lifetime subscription working on an SL2, but I'm kicking the tires on an XMP3i I picked up as a backup once the SL2 dies. Sirius says the only channels I would lose if I moved my sub over are the Howard 100-101 channels, but I didn't get a vibe of certainty in their response to my inquiry.

I know there's some difference in what channels XM branded radios can receive, but if I go to the SiriusXM Channel Lineup site and click the Edit My Car/Radio link to customize the channel lineup for "Other XM Radio", it lists the Howard Stern channels as available (not just for online streaming). So, it seems that either the free preview is a limited channel lineup or their website is incorrect about the channels "other XM Radios" can receive.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
My portable got extra channels and the inactive car receiver had a mostly music menu for the free period. Didn't dust off the ancient units.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ahh. Ya I should do that. My mom let it go, cost too damn much. I'll have to send some money to the wife to keep it.