Tums Fast Relief 500 Thoughts/Predictions

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Just a local weather report from a local :bow:

The last 2 days the area has been BEAUTIFUL. The fall colors are hitting their peak this week. I was making deliveries 12 miles south of the track today and I can't remember a more picture perfect day in a long time. Bright blue clear skies, bright fall colors in the trees.

And just a FYI for anyone traveling up 220 to get to the race from the south, DON'T SPEED. The bubble tops are patrolling 220 in mass numbers this week as is the normal conditions on 220 the week of the race. Be especially careful at the NC/VA line as they seem to watch the borders very close. I think the NC troopers and the VA troopers meet up at the line to gossip some days, its that bad.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'll be posting pics on my twitpic account via my phone :)

Very cool. I heard an interview this morning on the replay of CBL's show with the track owner. Name slips my mind now. Anyhow he said in addition to the green flag waving/Start Your Engines command that the fans get to do, the drivers will be doing something special too. He would not say what it was. He did say that only part of it would be televised. If it is something similar to what they did at Bristol, it should be pretty cool. Let us know.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
We'll be somewhere in front of the Start/Finish line. All the way up in row 60 something :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

Save us a spot!! We'll all meet you there!!

Have a great time Semi! I'm not sure what twitpic is, something to do with twitter I'm guessing, which I don't have. Would you be able to post pics here too?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Save us a spot!! We'll all meet you there!!

Have a great time Semi! I'm not sure what twitpic is, something to do with twitter I'm guessing, which I don't have. Would you be able to post pics here too?

Thank you! :hatsoff:

I plan on having fun.

Twitpic is where you can post picks via cell phone. It's great :)

Twitpic / semipenguin

I will post as many as I can, but downloading pics takes up a lot of juice. Have to make sure I don't drain all the power from my phone :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I will post as many as I can, but downloading pics takes up a lot of juice. Have to make sure I don't drain all the power from my phone :worried:

Why don't you just sneak down onto pit road before the race and grab that big battery out of the #48. I bet you can figure out a way to rig that thing up to your phone and I'm sure the #48 wouldn't miss it. :twitch:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Top 35 are almost done qualifying. Go or go homers are next. Looks like we'll get this in before it rains :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Too bad for the ones that don't like what the 48 is doing, starting 15th means nothing bad..lol

All it means is there still is hope someone else can do this. Or someone else can at least win this race. Add some excitment to the mix.
Maybe 24 can reclaim their crown as king of martinsville. :)