Tums Fast Relief 500 Thoughts/Predictions

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Word is that Jimmie Johnson showed up at Martinsville early this week and was seen in the garage sporting his newly designed helmet.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Oh Lord, rain coming.....

Will the field be set by points? That sure would help Jimmie catch that much needed break he needs. :rolleyes:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Oh Lord, rain coming.....

Will the field be set by points? That sure would help Jimmie catch that much needed break he needs. :rolleyes:

Crap. If that happens I don't know if I'll even bother watching. He's so good there. His only competition there is Gordon and he hasn't been able to keep up the past 2 years.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I was always a little disappointed in Gordon over that because I think Gordon would have raced harded (maybe bumped) against Johnson for the win if Jimmie weren't a fellow Hendrick driver. Who knows...I'm probably wrong.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Jimmie said on Victory Lane that Denny is really good there too...

Yeah! On letting Jimmie get by after Jimmie bumps him! I think it was the last race here where Jimmie did just that.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Jimmie said on Victory Lane that Denny is really good there too...

Well, this is another one of Denny's 'home tracks'. At least, that's what I keep being reminded of on 128. I guess as long as you are from the state where the event is being held, it then becomes your home track. I guess that's supposed to make a difference or something. :scratch:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Well, this is another one of Denny's 'home tracks'. At least, that's what I keep being reminded of on 128. I guess as long as you are from the state where the event is being held, it then becomes your home track. I guess that's supposed to make a difference or something. :scratch:

Apparently so... It's funny how they all have SO many "Home" tracks eh...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I'm glad I didn't buy qualifying tickets online. I have truck race tickets, but if it gets rained out, I'm not worried about it.

I know it's supposed to be sunny on Sunday. That's all that matters :)
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Apparently so... It's funny how they all have SO many "Home" tracks eh...

I think Jimmie has homes in just about every state. :ignore:

I'm glad I didn't buy qualifying tickets online. I have truck race tickets, but if it gets rained out, I'm not worried about it.

I know it's supposed to be sunny on Sunday. That's all that matters :)
Posted via Mobile Device

What area on you sitting in?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I wish I had TV this weekend to see the NW race. There's usually LOTS of cautions there. I think it was last time where people said it was like a bunch of drunks on the track. LOL.

But I would like to see it, I bet it's fun. And hey! When I get moved back to TN I'll only be a few hours drive time away. ;) I just thought of that. Anybody been there before?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
We'll be somewhere in front of the Start/Finish line. All the way up in row 60 something :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

You'll have dry seats up there under cover. If I remember correctly, the cover starts about row 56 or so. We used to always sit right at the start/finish line in the first row under cover. The best thing about those seats is that they hold victory lane on the track at the start/finish line. Another cool thing is how all of the cars are pushed out onto the track before the race and parked there rather than on pit road. The only bad thing about those seats is that you feel like you are at a tennis match swinging your head back and forth all afternoon. Man, I wish I were going!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I want to go there and park an RV right there on the track and watch from my RV! That is SO cool.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
The only bad thing about those seats is that you feel like you are at a tennis match swinging your head back and forth all afternoon. Man, I wish I were going!

Thanks for the info :hatsoff:

One guy told me the best place to sit is in turns 1 & 2 (I think). Then you don't have to turn your head :right:

I don't think it's sold out. Maybe they have good walk up :)
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Thanks for the info :hatsoff:

One guy told me the best place to sit is in turns 1 & 2 (I think). Then you don't have to turn your head :right:

I don't think it's sold out. Maybe they have good walk up :)
Posted via Mobile Device

That guy was right! On that or the other end the entire track is within your view at all times. The good thing about the turn one/two end is that the pit exit is in front of you. They pit around that turn and come back out onto the track out of turn two.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
You can easily get great seats high in turn one/two if you buy the season ticket to both races, both weekends. If I didn't have to shell out so much for my Bristol tickets, I'd be going to Martinsville every year.