TTD Part 9.2- Emergency Room Medicine

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
TTD Part 9.2- Emergency Room Medicine

Sirius 114 / XM 119

Thursday 8 am - 10 am ET

Baby on the way, too much alcohol, heart attack, car accident, shooting, stabbing, coughing, fainting, fever, rash, bites, pain - all in a night's work for an ER doctor. Trained to react quickly and stabilize patients, they are the front line of medical treatment. Hear the real-life stories of the trauma and the drama ER doctors face every day from host Dr. Billy Goldberg, Assistant Professor and Assistant Director, NYU Department of Emergency Medicine. Goldberg is the bestselling author of Why Do Men Have Nipples? and Why Do Men Fall Asleep after Sex?

* Please use the thread rating system at the top of the thread to rate this show *

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Listening to the replay from last night right now, and listened to the one from the week before. I thought it was going to be a totally different show, sort of like "Untold Stories of the ER" that is on the tube, and not a call in show. So my first impression was skewed a little. I was ready to give it an average rating, but as I continued to tune in, I started to like it. The way the hosts come across would make someone with questions feel comfortable to ask. four stars.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I've finally found some time to listen to a recording of this show on my SL2.

I liked it. I was impressed by the depth, yet the light tone of the show. It is nice to get solid medical information delivered in a easy to understand way.

The length of the show, two hours, is a little too long for me. That's the kind of show I'd like to listen to regularly, say once a week, but in a shorter format (30m-1hr).

Four stars.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am not sure if Doctor Radio is considered talk, but I guess it would be. This is grown to be one of my very favorite channels. I find myself listening to it often while on the road. I've learned a lot of medical information from listening to these doctors just discussing various diseases, signs, symptoms and what to do about it. They also have a lot of good advise for actually provide specific information to your own doctor about what you are experiencing. This way when you go, you'll be better informed to discuss treatment options.

They cover almost everything imaginable and I really like the listener call in portions of the shows because it really allows these doctors to suggest remedies or give ideas of things you can try. Ultimately they do always refer you to your local doctor.

I am not sure why I've grown so fascinated with this channel, but rarely do I find myself bored with it. Maybe I am just at that age well health is now a concern, so having this wonderful source is a good thing.

Take a listen, what's the worse that could happen? You'll just turn the channel! hehehe