TTD 2009 Week 2 - The Dave Ramsey Show

Discussion in 'SiriusXM News & Talk' started by HCLogo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

This week's feature show is:

[​IMG]
    The Dave Ramsey Show

"FamilyNet Radio" (Sirius108)
    Weekdays 9 pm - Midnight ET

"Talk Radio" (XM 165)
    Weekdays 3 pm - 7 pm ET

Dave Ramsey offers life-changing financial advice as host of this radio talk show focusing on life, love, and relationships, and how they happen to revolve around money.
    Talk to other Dave Ramsey Fans about life and money!

* Please use the thread rating system at the top of the thread to rate this show *

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

In case the XM'ers did not see the suggestion thread, Dave is on:

XM165: 3pm to 7pm est. (Monday-Friday)

XM158: 11pm to 1am est. (Monday-Friday)

3. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

Thanks, forgot to add that. Updated the post to show XM165, but according to http://xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=158 the show isn't on there.

4. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I thought Familynet was channel 161.

5. goreds2

Yes, it is SIRIUS 161.

Dave is on XM158 Monday-Friday 11pm to 1am est because that is when I usually listen. XM is not consistant with their schedule updates especailly since it is a clear channel.

6. goreds2

I have enjoyed the show a lot the past four years. Because of him, my financial situation is better plus my attitude toward money has changed.

Everyone should at least give the show a try. Listen for an hour.

5 of 5 stars

7. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

He's great for people that don't know anything, or very little about how to manage your money. For people who do, we just scratch our heads. :scratch:

8. Many just can't use common sense in money management, or simply don't have the will power to restrain themselves from overspending. It's nuts. People buy houses and cars they clearly can't afford. Then there are those who feel getting themselves further into debt is a good way to manage money, which is just silly.

9. goreds2

That is somewhat a good point as Dave keeps it simple and does not talk down to people as he explains he has been in their situation before and has learned from it.

As I said in an earlier post, everyone should at least give the show an hour listen.

10. goreds2

11. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

I havent listened to him , but has anyone watched his show on Fox Business I think he is someone that is telling the truth about this crises we are in.

12. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

Oops another mistake by me :p

Copied over the text from week 1 post and forgot to change that, the link still works properly though.

13. goreds2

Yes, he brings up some very good points. I liked the suggestion he brought up yesterday regarding giving a major tax break to home buyers.

14. goreds2

I just saw that Dave is number 7 in the Talkers.com list.

:bigthumbup:

15. Allanon

Allanon Member

He gives good advice.

16. goreds2

Just a note that Dave's schedule has changed slightly on XM

Monday-Friday

Live Show:

2pm to 3pm est. XM 165
    Then, you have to change the channel to get the remaining live show.
    3pm to 5pm est. XM 158

NOT live Content:

Noon to 2pm est. XM165
    5pm to 6pm est. XM158

As you can see, Clear Channel has really screwed with the scheduling.

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Great show. Very good advice. I just don't know how many times you can say the same thing...:shock:

They need to keep this show on one channel, and not have the listeners have to switch to another channel just to continue listening. Other then that, it's good...:)

4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

18. goreds2

XM 165 seems to be airing this on Sunday nights as in right now! The XM site does not say that though. :rolleyes:

This will be a regular listen for me on Sundays! I know it at least came on at 7pm est.

19. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

Hey Now

Kinda like getting married when you should really be splitting or having a baby after you got married instead of splitting. It amazes me how deep people can dig a hole without realizing that they are burying themselves.

Sounds like an interesting show, I will give it a shot.

20. goreds2

This must be an every week thing now. :ter: