TTD 15- Radio Times

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Talk The Dog 15-Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane

BlobServer

Sirius 135 (Schedule) / XM 134 (Schedule)

Weekdays 8 am
6 pm ET Tuesdays - Saturdays 4 am ET

An intelligent talk show dealing with issues of the Delaware Valley, as well as issues of national and global concern. Tune in weekday mornings from 10 to noon and discover why Philadelphia Magazine called Radio Times the best radio program in Philly.

* Please use the thread rating system at the top of the thread to rate this show *

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Hopefully everyone has been tuning in (or not)

I have listened to a few shows this week. A good balance of topics, from national and state politics to pop culture. It seemed like the show was produced pretty well, and I liked the format of one hour per topic. BUT, I had an issue with it while listening, and it was kinda hard to pin down for awhile, but I think I figured it out. As I was listening, I noticed the guests, no matter the topic, spun the discussion more towards a critical stance, where instead of informing the listening audience, it was more of a finger-pointing session. To me, I don't like listening to that tone, whether or not I agree or disagree. I give it 2 stars, and will probably not listen to again.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
OK. I've recorded one show and listened to it.

The show is two hours long. Each hour consists of an in-depth interview with one or more person on a specific subject. Two subjects are treated each day.

This kind of long interview is interesting for listeners that do manual work and can dedicate their mind to listening to the show while doing something else. In my case, I find the format quite inconvenient:
  1. If you don't like the subject, I hope you're listening to a recording and can skip the rest of the hour.
  2. You better have lots of time available to listen to 2 full hours programming per day!

The interviews are of good quality. As for originality, I didn't find any: this is a show like so many others. Three stars.