TTD 14- Radio Classics

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Talk The Dog 14- Radio Classics

Sirius 118 / XM 164

Ok, a little change from the normal TTD. I have decided instead of featuring one show on one channel, it was time to do a whole channel.

RadioClassics invites you to experience the audio magic of legendary old time radio. RadioClassics features the best dramas, mysteries, comedies, and variety programs from the Golden Age of Radio.

Relive the magic with dramas like The Shadow, Dragnet, and War of the Worlds, comedy from Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, and W.C. Fields; and radio versions of classic movies like Key Largo and Casablanca featuring Bogart, Bacall, and all of the original cast members.

So here's how it works: Click here for a schedule of shows to find shows you want to listen to. Listen and rate as many as you want.

* Please use the thread rating system at the top of the thread to rate this show *

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My wife listens to this channel 100% of the time. She is addicted. I believe she also corresponds with Greg Bell about shows and stuff. I have had to listen to it on occassion and it is very good if you like old shows. I prefer music but I have listened to Jack Benny on occassion when I know its on.

I gave it 5 stars on the basis of my wife's opinion.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I listened to two shows this morning from last night-

Adventures Of Frank Race / The Baradian Letter from June 12, 1949
- Murder mystery with a little bribery thrown in. Figured it out about 10 seconds before Frank did. A good listen. 3 stars.

Crime & Peter Chambers / Irene Wilson's Dead Uncle from September 7, 1954- Dead uncle, the mafia, and illegal gambling. This show tried to move at a quciker pace with the narrator using first person narrative to speed through some of the events. Story was a little flat, presentation was not very good. 2 stars.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Oh yeah... I was almost forgetting about TTD 14. Saw the annoucement, but as it was a full channel thing, I didn't set my SL2 to record it.

Will tune in and report back.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I listened this past weekend. I forgot how much I loved listening to Fibber McGee and Molly :)

I don't listen to NASCAR Radio much anymore, so I'll have more time to listen to Radio Classics and other stuff now. I need to catch up on my listening :)

I love this channel. Need to listen more, but I think it deserves 5 out of 5 Stars :cool:

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
fibber, jack benny, our miss brooks (used to be the principle in grease), dragnet, johnny dollar, gunsmoke.....all good shows.

radio classics is my most listened to channel. its kinda cool to live back in the day when there was no tv.

manicspike

Sep 11, 2009
I love this channel, but does anyone know when the Twilight Zone Radio Dramas are coming back, they're the reason I listened to the channel in the first place. I'm going to tune in leading up to Halloween for Suspense and Murder At Midnight if they have it.

manicspike

Sep 11, 2009
Oh okay. Guess I should stop using that DogStar Radio site, their schedules must be bogus. Might as well finally buy some CD's from the Radio Drama site.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I tried listening to this channel. Somehow, I can't seem to get into it. I'm not a fan of old radio shows (nor can I listen to old movies). Strangely, I like much older music... go figure. :eek:

But, I'm sure this channel appeals to many, so I won't rate it. It would be unfair.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I tried listening to this channel. Somehow, I can't seem to get into it. I'm not a fan of old radio shows (nor can I listen to old movies). Strangely, I like much older music... go figure. :eek:

But, I'm sure this channel appeals to many, so I won't rate it. It would be unfair.

yeah, I get what you mean. you kinda have to "play along" and pretend like you are listening back in the 40's in the living room around the big radio. I like it on longer drives when you are looking for something to pass a longer span of time.

manicspike

Sep 11, 2009
i doubt we'll ever get the twilight zone back. haven't heard any of them since the merger.

Just to add, I've been debating on whether or not I should give Book Radio a listen because it sounds like it may play radio dramas, I saw a schedule and it may have moved over to this station betwen 2 and 5 in the morning.