TSS Offering Stiletto 2 Support to Sirius Subscribers

SSF

Oct 12, 2008
New Jersey
www.tss-radio.com
TSS-Radio is excited to announce that we now offer Stiletto 2 tech support to all Sirius Subscribers. This offer is not just exclusive to our customers but is being extended to EVERYONE who owns an SL2!

Recording problems?
Software Update Issues?
Disappearing songs and shows?

Simply email us (it's in my signature below) and we'll get your device up and running with top notch diagnostics and simple instructions on how to fix these most common issues.

Don't waste hours on the phone with Sirius XM tech support. TSS-Radio is staffed by the most passionate, enthusiastic and driven subscribers of the Sirius XM services. We believe in the products and want to ensure that other subscribers enjoy the services as much as we do!

Most of the problems folks experience with the SL2 are simple to fix and that's why we want to offer this service. As always please don't forget to check out our website for the latest and greatest deals on Sat. Rad receivers and accessories!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't get this? Wouldn't it make more sense to post issues here and you guys just provide support via the DRC forum? This way you help a vast number of users with a great bunch of information that folks can read through and often find the help they need without having to get support from anyone. I mean that is the whole idea behind a forum isn't it?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I don't get this? Wouldn't it make more sense to post issues here and you guys just provide support via the DRC forum? This way you help a vast number of users with a great bunch of information that folks can read through and often find the help they need without having to get support from anyone. I mean that is the whole idea behind a forum isn't it?

I kinda agree, but SSF is really pumped up to help people. So I think he is just putting it out there is all. But yes SSF is here to help scour the threads and help online like a lot of us.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Smart idea...builds loyalty and goodwill. Plus, let's face it...Sirius support has set the bar pretty low. You guys will blow them out of the water.

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield
TSS-Radio is excited to announce that we now offer Stiletto 2 tech support to all Sirius Subscribers.
Disappearing songs and shows?

What is your advice on the disappearing recordings issue? It's experienced by ALL Stiletto 2 owners, and it sucks having to format the device every few weeks.

I'm probably speaking for a lot of people by saying "Thank You!" - any sort of help would be more help than what we're currently getting.

Also - Any word on a new firmware update?

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
What is your advice on the disappearing recordings issue? It's experienced by ALL Stiletto 2 owners, and it sucks having to format the device every few weeks.

I do a lot of recording. I've been systematically shutting down my SL2 everyday, over the last 3 weeks, while keeping memory around 60% full. So far, I have not lost a single recording!

Now, I am very careful. I never modify a scheduled recording while it is actually recording, etc. (See other threads for various tips). But, I can say that the shutting down tip (which I picked up on this site a few weeks ago) really solves the memory problem for me.

I know, I know... I'm not TSS, but I'm trying to help. ;)

SSF

Oct 12, 2008
New Jersey
www.tss-radio.com
I don't get this? Wouldn't it make more sense to post issues here and you guys just provide support via the DRC forum?

Yes. The only thing is that I have access to my email 24/7 wherever I am and do not have that same access to all of the forums I participate on without being in front of my PC.

I kinda agree, but SSF is really pumped up to help people. So I think he is just putting it out there is all. But yes SSF is here to help scour the threads and help online like a lot of us.

You got it bro. I AM really pumped and I apologize if I got a bit overzealous.

I'm probably speaking for a lot of people by saying "Thank You!" - any sort of help would be more help than what we're currently getting.

Also - Any word on a new firmware update?

I am preparing a post for tomorrow that will explain the most common SL2 problems and how to address them. This way all DRC members will have a one-stop resource.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes. The only thing is that I have access to my email 24/7 wherever I am and do not have that same access to all of the forums I participate on without being in front of my PC.

I think it is a great idea, but I like it better in the context of the DRC forum. I understand no one can be online in the forum all the time. But folks posting questions here and getting answered rather tonight, tomorrow or the next day is just a better solution than trying to field calls all day long for the same issues over and over. That in my mind is a total waste of effort and resources. Granted your support will be much better than Sirius that goes without saying. Just don't want to see you burn yourself out. Then again there are those that want an answer right now that is why they call support. I can see it from both sides, but feel strongly about the forum support concept.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Plus, no offense, getting the answers to problems posted here on DRC is going to help countless others who haven't even posted their issues yet. Where as an email is private correspondence that only helps the one inquiring.

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Value adding

Let's see, today Circuit City announced they are going out of business. And, on the same day TSS-Radio offers owners of a product to do some free troubleshooting for that product.

An interesting economic lesson. TSS must be doing this service as a way to let customers know they are important and that TSS wants their future business. I tell my team of athletes all the time--you must become a "value adder" in your daily work. Those are the people who will survive and thrive in today's new economy.

Congrats (again) to TSS for their being a "value adder" both to this board but also to customers!

SSF

Oct 12, 2008
New Jersey
www.tss-radio.com
Let's see, today Circuit City announced they are going out of business. And, on the same day TSS-Radio offers owners of a product to do some free troubleshooting for that product.

An interesting economic lesson. TSS must be doing this service as a way to let customers know they are important and that TSS wants their future business. I tell my team of athletes all the time--you must become a "value adder" in your daily work. Those are the people who will survive and thrive in today's new economy.

Congrats (again) to TSS for their being a "value adder" both to this board but also to customers!

:clap: I couldn't have said it better myself.

TSS feels that all Sirius subscribers, not just our current customers, are important. DRC members know that TSS is operated and staffed by passionate Sirius XM subscribers. Taylor has been working very hard on the I Love Sirius XM Campaign and I'm working to reach out to SL2 owners who have not been able to get the answers they need from traditional Customer Support.

DRC is an excellent forum with the best subscriber community out of the Sat. Rad. forums available. But you would be suprised at how many subscribers do NOT visit DRC and either visit one of the other forums or do not participate in them at all. That is where the email tech support offer comes in handy. It allows us to reach out to folks that otherwise may now be aware that we are doing this service for our community.

At the end of the day the ultimate goal is to help SL2 owners maximize and enjoy their radio's potential and avoid the most common issues being experienced, especially memory related.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
As promised I have put together a resource for DRC members covering the most common questions we see in the forums. You can find it HERE.

Very Good! :bigthumbup:

But you would be suprised at how many subscribers do NOT visit DRC and either visit one of the other forums or do not participate in them at all. That is where the email tech support offer comes in handy. It allows us to reach out to folks that otherwise may now be aware that we are doing this service for our community.

Now that makes a lot of sense and comes from a perspective that I had not considered. I guess to my way of thinking you could direct them to the forum, but then I know most want answers now rather than being told to go some place else and hunt for the answers.