Tryson Named C/C of #56 2010

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
I think Penske and Kurt Busch should kick this guy to the curb right now. As i think Postie said over the weekend something stinks here and not sure what it is. But for this guy to announce all these changes going into the chase he should be kicked to the curb right now let whoever's gonna be the new C/C get an early start on chemistry.

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news2mon

Last edited:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe Pat is sick of Kurt calling him a fat f*** and a dipshit all race long. Go and listen to Kurt yelling at Pat during the Atlanta race and youll never wonder why Pat wants to leave.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Maybe Pat is sick of Kurt calling him a fat f*** and a dipshit all race long. Go and listen to Kurt yelling at Pat during the Atlanta race and youll never wonder why Pat wants to leave.

I think that's it right there. Simple. There's NO WAY I'd put up with that.

And I think it's a GREAT move for Pat. And a very smart move. Truex is a great driver and I'm looking forward to seeing him win in a Toyota.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Jimmy Fenning was the only person who could handle Kurt Busch, & we see what that brought them. The 2004 Championship.

I suspect Tryson will do quite well with Truex, Jr. They may win a race or two next season :)
Posted via Mobile Device

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
I didn't say it wasn't a smart move for him i just think that the timing is bad, he leads his team into the chase has a victory this year and on the eve of the chase starting he decides to make his announcement that he's leaving. Seems a bit odd to me.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I agree but was it really an announcement more than it was just confirmation of what was already being reported? Sometimes I think that they have to come out and confirm this stuff only because some reporter has dug up this info somewhere. Kinda like damage control. Did they hold a formal announcement of some kind?

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree with what DP said. Perhaps Pat and management could have waited until the seasons end to announce it. But why not come out with it now, and then people will talk about it for a week then be done with it.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I'm not sure I understand why it is thought to be wrong for Tryson to announce his departure before the end of the season. I can't recall anyone criticizing Smoke for making his decision public during last year's season.

Is there some different kind of standard of behavior for drivers vs crew cheifs?

I am neither a fan nor a hater of the blue deuce, but I just don't get the objections.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I thought it was Kurt Busch who officially spilled the beans anyways. Before that it was just a 'rumor' from 'sources'

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I think that you are right. Rumor first then the annoncment. Seems like bad timing that has nothing to do with anyone being held to a different standard IMO.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think that you are right. Rumor first then the annoncment. Seems like bad timing that has nothing to do with anyone being held to a different standard IMO.

Busch should have kept it to himself until an official announcement was to be made. Unless he was given permission to do so, which I doubt.
Seems like he shot himself in the foot.