Transferring mp3s from MicroSD card to PC

hornet130

Nov 8, 2008
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this or can help me out with a suggestion. I'm using my SL2 with a 8gb microsd card for mp3s. Recently my PC's hard drive crashed and I lost much of my personal music collection. I do however have a large number of songs on the microsd card in the stiletto. Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer these over to the PC? I've tried opening up the drive my PC assigns to the card but it doesn't seem to want to actually copy anything over as I get an error each and every time.

Does the SL2 use any sort of encryption on these cards to prevent copying?

Thanks!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Have you taken the card out of the SL2? I believe that it is possible to copy using explorer if the card is attached directly to the PC. I think I have done it when I had my card hooked up to the USB adapter.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Yes it's possible to pull songs from the SD card (and only the MicroSD card) using a third party USB adapter, or if your PC/laptop has it, it's built in SD card slot. You'll probably need an adapter card in either case to take it from MicroSD to a standard SD card.

I don't believe it's possible to pull the music back over the USB cable included with the stiletto, or at least whenever I've tried it has had issues doing it so I gave up. But the above works great for me.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If only we could do that with talk content.

Record talk content, save it on an SD card, and transfer it to the PC.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
I am accumulating a pretty nice collection of loved songs. I just wish I could pull those and convert to MP3 without having to play them all and record through the line in and renaming all the files etc....

I'm anxiously awaiting my next firmware crash and loss of everything.

I bet if these things were as popular as ipods, someone would have hacked it by now.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
I heard that stillettos record songs as PAC files. Is it possible to get the PAC files to your PC? There are several utilities that convert PAC to MP3.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Oh, i'm sure someone would have hacked it by now.

OTOH, it is possible to save Sirius on your computer. Play it through your computer's audio card, save it as an MP3, and you've got it.

Unfortunately, I lack the resources needed to do this. :(

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Oh, i'm sure someone would have hacked it by now.

OTOH, it is possible to save Sirius on your computer. Play it through your computer's audio card, save it as an MP3, and you've got it.

Unfortunately, I lack the resources needed to do this. :(

Yeah.. I'm too lazy to do this. I'm waiting for one of you dorks to hack some code for an instant download and MP3 conversion.