Tragic News For SNR Fans; David Poole Has Passed

Dave Moody

Oct 14, 2008
Barre, VT
www.sirius-speedway.com
I'm truly sorry to be the bearer of such terrible news, but our dear friend David Poole passed away today, apparently of a heart attack. Very little else is known at this time, but our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

This is a tough day for the Sirius NASCAR Radio family.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
He always had an opinion, he was a great sports writer, he knew a ton about and loved everything about NASCAR and he had a surprisingly great sense of humor. I've fallen over laughing from the dramatic reading more than a few times.

He will me missed, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
He always had an opinion, he was a great sports writer, he knew a ton about and loved everything about NASCAR and he had a surprisingly great sense of humor. I've fallen over laughing from the dramatic reading more than a few times.

He will me missed, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

penniesforwessa.org

linkster

Oct 15, 2008
Arlington, MA
I will miss the man and his opinion. I might not have always agreed with him, but I always respected his love of nascar. All my best to Mr. Poole's family.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have todats TMD saved on my Stiletto. If anybody can forward me the directions on how to get it on my computer, id be happy to save it and send it out for those wanting to save David's last TMD.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Condolences to his family, friends, colleagues, & loyal listeners. Although I didn't agree with him on many topics, I'll miss him tremendously.

PPistone

Dec 24, 2008
I am truly in a state of shock and deeply saddened. My thoughts and prayers to David's family of course and friends as well as the rest of his colleagues who like me have suffered an unspeakable loss. David was not only a colleague of mine as part of the NASCAR writing and reporting corps as well as with the Sirius NASCAR Radio family, but he truly was an inspiration for my work. Telling it like it is, having an opinion and conveying those thoughts in a thoughtful and entertaining way was a gift that he had and something that inspired me tremendously. RIP DP

Pete Pistone