Tragic News For SNR Fans; David Poole Has Passed

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by Dave Moody, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Dave Moody

Dave Moody New Member

I'm truly sorry to be the bearer of such terrible news, but our dear friend David Poole passed away today, apparently of a heart attack. Very little else is known at this time, but our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

This is a tough day for the Sirius NASCAR Radio family.
  2. crewguy

crewguy New Member

Godspeed david
  3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

That is sad news...:worried:

God bless and comfort his family and friends...:(
  4. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

OMG thats terrible news. My thoughts are with his family. :( :( :(
  5. Ruaidh

Ruaidh New Member

Condolences to his family and friends
    David you will be missed
  6. SubmarineMike

SubmarineMike New Member

WOW.. that is so sad.. condolences to all of his family. Maybe we can all sign an e-card.. or make a donation to his favorite charity in his name..
  7. flap_jackson

flap_jackson New Member

He always had an opinion, he was a great sports writer, he knew a ton about and loved everything about NASCAR and he had a surprisingly great sense of humor. I've fallen over laughing from the dramatic reading more than a few times.

He will me missed, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
  8. 9FNZ

9FNZ New Member

penniesforwessa.org
  9. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

wow, how sudden and sad. :( Condolences to his family, he will be missed
  10. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

Godspeed Mr. Poole.
  11. Good2go

Good2go New Member

12. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan New Member

Im listening to todays TMD show as we speak, not realizing what was going on. I logged onto this and......I cant believe this.
  13. linkster

linkster New Member

I will miss the man and his opinion. I might not have always agreed with him, but I always respected his love of nascar. All my best to Mr. Poole's family.
  14. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

15. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan New Member

I have todats TMD saved on my Stiletto. If anybody can forward me the directions on how to get it on my computer, id be happy to save it and send it out for those wanting to save David's last TMD.
  16. Jager

Jager New Member

My condolences to the Poole family. Sad day for sure
  17. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 New Member

Condolences to his family, friends, colleagues, & loyal listeners. Although I didn't agree with him on many topics, I'll miss him tremendously.
  18. PPistone

PPistone New Member

I am truly in a state of shock and deeply saddened. My thoughts and prayers to David's family of course and friends as well as the rest of his colleagues who like me have suffered an unspeakable loss. David was not only a colleague of mine as part of the NASCAR writing and reporting corps as well as with the Sirius NASCAR Radio family, but he truly was an inspiration for my work. Telling it like it is, having an opinion and conveying those thoughts in a thoughtful and entertaining way was a gift that he had and something that inspired me tremendously. RIP DP

Pete Pistone
  19. ajz9415

ajz9415 New Member

Wow this is truly sad. I loved listening to david and mike. He will be missed
  20. brett1963

brett1963 New Member

Wow..that is terribly sad and just too sudden.
    Our prayers are with the Poole family.