Tradio

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
One of my favorite calls in a while from the mind of RichardandSal. More so than the call itself, I like Howard going off on the phony radio voices of the hosts. "Tuesssssssdaaaaaaay"

And who are the people actually listening to this show? TRADIO?!?! What a concept!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoFdmal9yd4&feature=related]YouTube - Howard Stern - 2009-03-03 - Sal and Richard Prank Call "Tradio" on WFLQ (1st time w/ George Takei)[/ame]

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
And who are the people actually listening to this show? TRADIO?!?! What a concept!

I used to work for a big radio company and from time to time, we would get in touch with all of the stations that carried our programming. You would not believe how many of them have a Tradio program. It's mostly in the Midwest (although you do see it on some stations in the South as well). Pretty much every little "Mom and Pop" station in Kansas, Nebraska, etc had some form of this show.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I find the goofy guy who is doing the show entertaining but, for me, Sal and Richard are not. It's too easy a target... In the old days when listeners did phony phone calls, they would target radio blow hards, TV talks shows, hard news..seemed generally to be targets that might have screeners... There was often a gasp when the hosts realized it was a phony phone call.. Looks like you can get this Tradia guy all day long...

Triscuit

Oct 12, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Did Howard play a new Tradio call yesterday (3/19)? I remember Howard saying he was going to play a new call, but I didn't hear it. Maybe I missed it.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Did Howard play a new Tradio call yesterday (3/19)? I remember Howard saying he was going to play a new call, but I didn't hear it. Maybe I missed it.

He played it.

Sal was selling an original vinyl copy of the debut record of the 1969 rock band Psychedelic Bee, with various vulgar names as members of the band (the Tradio guy bailed on "Mike Hunts somthing or other").

Richard (as Ethel) was selling two "items", and he just kept repeating that he had "items" or "an item", without ever saying what they were.

Sal: C-

Richard: B

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
"And if you live in the mountains, it also measures----------------" (Fill in the blank here). Funny stuff.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
It's too easy a target... In the old days when listeners did phony phone calls, they would target radio blow hards, TV talks shows, hard news..seemed generally to be targets that might have screeners... There was often a gasp when the hosts realized it was a phony phone call.. Looks like you can get this Tradia guy all day long...

You got a point there, but even still I find it hilarious. Sal and Richard have been hitting easy targets for a while now. Jonah on the yankee channel, the crazy lady (forgot her name, mantra and yantra), restaurants etc. I don't recall many bits that weren't from Capt Jenks that were pranking Fox news.

Maybe somebody can refresh my memory. I thought the only bits sal did were bababooey bits, and that landed the job for him.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

If you search around your home town radio stations you probably have it some where.

They are amsuing to listen to.

Beware of the rules though, you can only sell one car at a time and no dealers allowed! :wah:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I find the goofy guy who is doing the show entertaining but, for me, Sal and Richard are not. It's too easy a target... In the old days when listeners did phony phone calls, they would target radio blow hards, TV talks shows, hard news..seemed generally to be targets that might have screeners... There was often a gasp when the hosts realized it was a phony phone call.. Looks like you can get this Tradia guy all day long...

That's my problem with most of S&R's phone calls; they are easy targets. Why is it funny to harass some deli owner or Chinese delivery place? Those people probably have to put up with much worse from the general public and they have to stay on the phone to earn a dollar.

The Tradio calls are pretty funny though.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
That's my problem with most of S&R's phone calls; they are easy targets. Why is it funny to harass some deli owner or Chinese delivery place? Those people probably have to put up with much worse from the general public and they have to stay on the phone to earn a dollar.

The Tradio calls are pretty funny though.

I don't mind it a bit when they harass deli owners and Pitzzaeria(opps I mean Pizzaeria) owners. Its about time a lot of those assholes get picked on. Last time I was in NYC we went to a few places and those guys were assholes. I was looking at a menu and they guy says hurry the fuck up or get out. I said fuck you and left. I know its the "Hip" thing in NYC for those guys to be assholes but come on......

Oct 14, 2008
These are some of the funniest prank calls I've heard by the guys. I love Tradio! The best is when all the Christians start calling and threatening Sal and Richard with "schooling". Andy had to calm down that one redneck when he was babbling on about his gun. Great stuff!