Toyota and Sirius Text Window

Agateman

Oct 21, 2008
I recently sent off a note to SIRIUS regarding the best use of text space in my radio. I drive a 2007 Highlander (with the integrated Camry radio). I most frequently use the text window for sports scores, recognizing that my radio has limited text space.

For a typical NFL game, the two lines would read:

Raiders (bcast) at Jets
NFL OAK 24, NYJ 2(chop)

If SIRIUS would remove the redundant NFL on the second line (or NBA, NCAA, etc.), we could get the whole score (OAK 24, NYJ 22).

Do you thing this can get fixed?

Last edited:

Agateman

Oct 21, 2008
Toyota....

Thanks Tom!

I just sent it to the generic customer service e-mail address. Do you think we cold find out the "right" person to send this to or should we trust that they will forward...

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Why Toyota's radios chop the artist / song info off is beyond me. I love my Toyota by the Sirius interface is not as good as it was in my Dodge.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
I recently sent off a note to SIRIUS regarding the best use of text space in my radio. I drive a 2007 Highlander (with the integrated Camry radio). I most frequently use the text window for sports scores, recognizing that my radio has limited text space.

For a typical NFL game, the two lines would read:

Raiders (bcast) at Jets
NFL OAK 24, NYJ 2(chop)

If SIRIUS would remove the redundant NFL on the second line (or NBA, NCAA, etc.), we could get the whole score (OAK 24, NYJ 22).

Do you thing this can get fixed?

It doesn't scroll? Strange.

You are also getting the quarter and time left chopped off too. It doesn't all fit on other sirius radios either, but they don't chop it, the data scrolls to the left like on a stock ticker.
Sometimes they squeeze music info there like:
"Band whatever
Song whatever, NEW CD out on 11.15.08. Check them out on OCtane this weekend."

That whole second line will scroll across the screen. Is there a radio manual? I wonder if there is a setting....

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My XM OEM in my Scion shows 16 characters. It is very frustrating, but most of the time XM's side has always done a much better job because they know their system only supports 16 characters, though many of the newer tuners support expanded text.

Hopefully as we move forward with some sat radio standards maybe we'll get away from this crappy 16 character displays.

Agateman

Oct 21, 2008
Text Window

I got an e-mail back from Tyler at SIRIUS and here's how it goes:

We do appreciate the time you have taken to contact SIRIUS in regards to your receiver issue. We're here to assist you!

We can certainly understand your frustration regarding this issue your having with your receiver screen not displaying the full text of the game your are listening to. We do advise that you maybe try to go into the settings of the radio to see if there is a "scroll" option which will make the text scroll across the screen. We do hope that this option can help you.
If not please do feel free to contact SIRIUS customer care for further assistance.
We do apologize for any inconvience this may have caused you.

We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

As well as by email at:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Customer Care

And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - The Best Radio On Radio

Sincerely,

Tyler
SIRIUS Customer Care

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
It sounds like the answer is no. You are out of luck if your radio doesn't scroll.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I forwarded it on. My guess is that they have a policy on how to display them but I think it's worth re-examining. Really I think it's the engineers that enter that info into the PDT. Though maybe on the sports channels it's not a manual system. It might be a program that automatically writes the new score into the PDT.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
There is no reason they can't revisit this and make some changes to accomodate. However, this is one of the big problems with Sirius. Rarely to they listen to the issues and concerns of subscribers and then do anything about it.

Clearly there is just no need to put NFL on the screen.