Toyota Allstar Showdown - Anyone Watch?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Did you see the end of that race?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2P4keDITo]YouTube - Toyota Allstar Showdown Last 7 Laps[/ame]

Thoughts?

Logano's move was similar to Carl Edwards on Jimmy Johnson last year without much regard for the competitors. He flat took Peyton Sellers out!

Last edited:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
So let me get this straight. If you cheat your car up, and win the race you get to keep the win. If you take out the leader of the race, and your a known superstar you keep the win. But if you make a bonzai move, in a race that is advertised as balls to the walls saturday night short track racing, you get penalized.

Folks this is a classic case of Nascar playing politics with Mr. Logano and showing him who is boss. This is also another case of Nascar trying to strum up attention and controversey going into the season to get everyone talking. Now I dont mind a little controversey, but the controversey should be what happens on the track, not what the officals determine. Unfourtunately for us, the people that run Nascar love the spotlight as much as the drivers do so I dont see that changing anytime soon.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i'm pretty sure lagano meant to take out sellers. with 5 to go, sellers got into lagano for the lead and lagano just wanted to make sure sellers didn't get the win.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Hornaday should have been parked also, taking out about 7 or 8 cars doing the same thing all night, bonzaiing into the corner and sliding up into the left sides of cars running the top groove.

Jager

Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
Not much of a race. I think the Pace Car got five bonus points for leading the most laps.

I agree there were A LOT of cautions in this race. Dexter I don't see how Nascar played politics on this one. Logano pretty much took him out, hands down.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Stupid move. He clearly could not have made that pass. Maybe that wasn't as obvious to Logano when he was going for the lead?

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"Logano pretty much took him out, hands down."

Oh I dont disagree with that. But it wasnt anything that hasnt happened before and without penalties. Its like the Talladega thing last year. It all depends on who the rule breaker is. Nascar has proven time and time and time again its officals play on both sides of that fence, and that my friends is politics.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Brain Fart! What was the 'Talladega thing' last year?

Personally, I think that they made the right call with Logano. At least as far as taking the win away. Yes, that sort of thing has happened before without penalties and it will happen again. As long as people are making the calls on this, you'll have different opinions. It's not really any different than any other sport. Take football for example, who here has not disagreed with an officials call? Sometimes, even after a play has been reviewed, it still seems that they've made the wrong call. Why is that? It's because we all look at things differently. Why was Logano penalized and Hornaday wasn't? I guess it all depends on how someone looks at it.

Side Note..... After watching this video, I can see where Logano gets his driving style from.

http://www.wvec.com/video/sportsvid-index.html?nvid=325040

Last edited:

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
It was clearly a dumbass move, and Im not a
logano fan necessarily. But if it had been a successful move, we would not have heard the end of it! He would have been a hero, it was a hero or zero move, and it bit him in his dumbass.