Too Much Rush On Boneyard?

Dec 26, 2008
Is it me or does it seem like every time I turn to Boneyard they're playing Rush or the very next song or 2 is a Rush song?

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Yeah they do play alot of Rush. I always wondered why Classic Rewind only stuck to the "standard" songs like Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio and such until I discovered they play more of Rush's catelogue on Boneyard. I have an Artist Alert now so I can catch those on there.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I don't listen to much to the boneyard but at anytime, anywhere on any channel, if a RUSH song comes on, I will change the channel everytime.

I never got this band. 99% of the people can name the drummer and NOT the lead singer, that is a FAIL.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I don't listen to much to the boneyard but at anytime, anywhere on any channel, if a RUSH song comes on, I will change the channel everytime.

I never got this band. 99% of the people can name the drummer and NOT the lead singer, that is a FAIL.

Caring overly about rock vocals over instruments = EPIC FAIL

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
No grasping the talent of Lee and Leifson....MONSTER FAIL...

When your a supposed awesome band and anly about .0000001% of people 45 and older can name anyone in your band but the drummer and name anymore than 2 songs-----Below average band---and MEGA FAIL.

"Uh, let's see, Tom sawyer, and that other one...."

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
When your a supposed awesome band and anly about .0000001% of people 45 and older can name anyone in your band but the drummer and name anymore than 2 songs-----Below average band---and MEGA FAIL.

"Uh, let's see, Tom sawyer, and that other one...."

Most people 45 and older listen to crap rock music and enjoy watching American Idol.

Rush is 4th on the all time platinum album list behind the likes of the Beatles and Elvis. Anyone who knows anything about playing bass or guitar knows the names Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

I think they get to sleep at night just fine despite the fact that you'd prefer to be listening to Culture Club.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Most people 45 and older listen to crap rock music and enjoy watching American Idol.

Rush is 4th on the all time platinum album list behind the likes of the Beatles and Elvis. Anyone who knows anything about playing bass or guitar knows the names Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

I think they get to sleep at night just fine despite the fact that you'd prefer to be listening to Culture Club.

I wouldn't know Geddy Lee or Alex Lifeson is they walked into my house playing their biggest hit.

Culture Club? Can't you tell that judging by my dislike of Rush that I don't like lousy music?

I'm not trying to get personal here so I'll just stop now. I just don't like Rush, never got into em and I find them to be one of the most overrated bands of all time.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn't know Geddy Lee or Alex Lifeson is they walked into my house playing their biggest hit.

Culture Club? Can't you tell that judging by my dislike of Rush that I don't like lousy music?

I'm not trying to get personal here so I'll just stop now. I just don't like Rush, never got into em and I find them to be one of the most overrated bands of all time.

To each his own. For the sake of comparison, why don't you list 5 rock bands that you DO like?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
To each his own. For the sake of comparison, why don't you list 5 rock bands that you DO like?

Sure, and, please feel free to pick away at them;)

Classic Rock Bands In NO ORDER:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Jimmie Hendrix
3. The Rolling Stones (older stones, nothing new.)
4. The Who
5. Beatles--if you can classify them as classic rock.

Newer Rock

1. Tool
2. Silversun Pickups
3. Modest Mouse
4. Rage Against the Machine
5. Staind
6. Blue October
7. The Rifles
8. Dead Confederate
9. Franz Ferdinand
10. Radiohead==probably my all time fav.
Misc music:

1. Jay-z
2. Outkast
3. REM

You get the idea.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Sure, and, please feel free to pick away at them;)

Classic Rock Bands In NO ORDER:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Jimmie Hendrix
3. The Rolling Stones (older stones, nothing new.)
4. The Who
5. Beatles--if you can classify them as classic rock.

Newer Rock

1. Tool
2. Silversun Pickups
3. Modest Mouse
4. Rage Against the Machine
5. Staind
6. Blue October
7. The Rifles
8. Dead Confederate
9. Franz Ferdinand
10. Radiohead==probably my all time fav.
Misc music:

1. Jay-z
2. Outkast
3. REM

You get the idea.

Your taste in classic rock makes me think you are late 40's to mid 50's. I grew up in the early 80's with bands like Rush and Van Halen. I'd rather listen to "Eminence Front" by The Who than "My Generation." I quit keeping up with current rock after the Backstreet Boys got big. Foo Fighters is about the only current thing I like.

FYI, the guys in Tool and Radiohead both consider Rush to be influential on their development. Those bands get tagged with the same pseudointellectual tag that Rush does.