Too many people on the staff?

pitpass

Feb 26, 2009
I just saw the group photo of Stern and his staff at Howard's website. I always thought there were too many people involved with the show now I've seen proof. As a stockholder in Sirius I think a lot of fat (Artie, are you listening?) can and should be trimmed from the show to save on employee expenses. As far as I can tell Benji does nothing and should be laid off along with half of the news crew and Richard and Sal. The show is just too cluttered and some changes need to be made.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I just saw the group photo of Stern and his staff at Howard's website. I always thought there were too many people involved with the show now I've seen proof. As a stockholder in Sirius I think a lot of fat (Artie, are you listening?) can and should be trimmed from the show to save on employee expenses. As far as I can tell Benji does nothing and should be laid off along with half of the news crew and Richard and Sal. The show is just too cluttered and some changes need to be made.

You need to try a lot harder than that, sir. This was a terrible troll with no substance and at least other people that come here that don't like the show have original thoughts. We've already got someone who complains about being a stockholder and how Howard is a waste. You need to be more original. Go after an aspect of the show that no one else has yet. You need to stand out here.
Artie's fat? As a stockholder blah blah blah? Benji is useless??? Come on dude! Too easy! and obvious. Whats next? telling us Beth runs the show?? pffft... Come back when you've got something better than that!
I give this a 1/10.
And my personal:

Reactions: Jgatie

pitpass

Feb 26, 2009
I love the show and Howard and he's the reason I got Sirius in the first place. In case you haven't been paying attention Sirius is very close to going bye-bye. They need to cut expenses because they aren't really gaining anymore revenue. Or is this business stuff over your head?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I love the show and Howard and he's the reason I got Sirius in the first place. In case you haven't been paying attention Sirius is very close to going bye-bye. They need to cut expenses because they aren't really gaining anymore revenue. Or is this business stuff over your head?

No but cutting back and laying off people on one of the few stations that generates revenue is not a sound business decision, I wouldn't think so anyways.

Howard 100 News is useless, I'll give you that. :peace:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
That would save a few thousand towards the billions of dollars in debt they have. :rolleyes:

I guess you don't realize how much goes on behind the scenes. The show doesn't just spring to life on the air. And depending on the terms of the contract, which none of us know, cutting those people might save Sirius money or it might just give Howard more.

Do you post in the NASCAR forum about your GM stock?

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Sirius is contractualy obligated to pay a certain amount for the Stern Show. Any cuts they make there is just more money in Howard's pocket. They need to spend more on the show with less for Hoard.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Sirius is contractualy obligated to pay a certain amount for the Stern Show. Any cuts they make there is just more money in Howard's pocket. They need to spend more on the show with less for Hoard.

LOL. Quoted for penny pinching truth!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
No one knows anything about the contract, except what was legally filed. The "$500 million" everyone throws around was Sirius' estimate as to the final cost of the entire Howard Stern venture; studio, salaries, infrastructure, bonuses and more.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!

So theres no point in firing anybody then?

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Benji seems useful on the regular show but is horrendous on the Wrap-Up Show. Wouldn't be a cost-saving measure, though.

Get rid of Mike Gange who seems to be the only one who believes he's a hard worker.

Seems to be way too many cameramen, etc.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I've always thought the news team should go. I can't stand Lisa G. She is terrible and doesn't really do anything. They can keep Will and Jason as long as they keep them away from a mic. Sometimes the Stern "B" team gets wayyyy to much air time. They got rid of Penny Crone and atleast she was a team player unlike Lisa G. I wonder why they got rid of her. Maybe she was making to much.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
probably doesn't make sense but the entire news team and howard tv could be axed without a peep from ALOT of fans

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
probably doesn't make sense but the entire news team and howard tv could be axed without a peep from ALOT of fans

So could Howard, according to a lot of "fans".

HowardTV is a separate entity. I don't think Sirius is paying them.

Good news! They implemented all the great suggestions here and now your monthly sub will only cost 12.93 per month...