Tony Kornheiser back on the air in DC?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Korny To WTEM? - 7/26 -
new.jpg
korn4.jpg
DCRTV first told you yesterday. Now, we're hearing more rumblings that veteran sports media personality Tony Kornheiser (right) will return to the local radio airwaves on September 8 via Redskins owner Dan Snyder's WTEM, ESPN 980. Kornheiser worked at then-Clear Channel-owned WTEM years ago before his radio show at Bonnevile's now-defunct Washington Post Radio and 3WT. More soon.....

I'm hearing they'll be live streaming on the website, and full-length podcasts, too. But what about XM?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I liked his ESPN Radio days (he's certainly better than Cowherd by a country mile), and I liked the last incarnation on 3WT. I subscribed to the podcast and listened every day religiously, despite the fact it was more of a local show. My only problem with this is, he's going on a sports talk station in DC. I hope they don't expect him to talk all or primarily sports, that can get boring after a while.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
That's a distinct possibility. :D I've already got WTEM saved in the favorites in Wunderradio so I'll be listening either way.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I used to love him a couple years ago when he was on XM Sports Nation. Bring Tony back to sat rad:bigthumbup:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Tony's show was great. Cowherd is starting to go Jim Rome on me. In other words, Jim Evrerett may need to kick Colin's ass too. I would definitely listen to Tony on WTEM online.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Tony's show was great. Cowherd is starting to go Jim Rome on me. In other words, Jim Evrerett may need to kick Colin's ass too. I would definitely listen to Tony on WTEM online.

I'll kick Colin's ass if the price is right.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I loved it when Kornheiser was on MNF with Thiesman on ESPN. They got in arguments all the time. If the game got boring that was enough entertainment to keep me interested. I think if they both would of stayed long enough they would of thrown down in the booth. That would of been an so awesome!:eek: