Tony Kornheiser back on the air in DC?

Discussion in 'HD (Terrestrial) Radio' started by Jon, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Korny To WTEM? - 7/26 - [​IMG][​IMG]DCRTV first told you yesterday. Now, we're hearing more rumblings that veteran sports media personality Tony Kornheiser (right) will return to the local radio airwaves on September 8 via Redskins owner Dan Snyder's WTEM, ESPN 980. Kornheiser worked at then-Clear Channel-owned WTEM years ago before his radio show at Bonnevile's now-defunct Washington Post Radio and 3WT. More soon.....

I'm hearing they'll be live streaming on the website, and full-length podcasts, too. But what about XM?
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I used to like him when he was doing the Morning Show in ESPN radio. This crew was outstanding :)
  3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I liked his ESPN Radio days (he's certainly better than Cowherd by a country mile), and I liked the last incarnation on 3WT. I subscribed to the podcast and listened every day religiously, despite the fact it was more of a local show. My only problem with this is, he's going on a sports talk station in DC. I hope they don't expect him to talk all or primarily sports, that can get boring after a while.
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Maybe you can listen to his show on your iPhone :)
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

That's a distinct possibility. :D I've already got WTEM saved in the favorites in Wunderradio so I'll be listening either way.
  6. flap_jackson

flap_jackson New Member

I used to love him a couple years ago when he was on XM Sports Nation. Bring Tony back to sat rad:bigthumbup:
  7. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Moderator

Tony's show was great. Cowherd is starting to go Jim Rome on me. In other words, Jim Evrerett may need to kick Colin's ass too. I would definitely listen to Tony on WTEM online.
  8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'll kick Colin's ass if the price is right.
  9. JYJr

JYJr Member

10. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I loved it when Kornheiser was on MNF with Thiesman on ESPN. They got in arguments all the time. If the game got boring that was enough entertainment to keep me interested. I think if they both would of stayed long enough they would of thrown down in the booth. That would of been an so awesome!:eek: