Tomorrow (7/30/09): Grace Jones

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Remember her?

She's been huge in Europe for many years, and I've had her on my Alerts for years.

Tomorrow, baby!!! It's gonna be a great show! Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC.

It's a very good venue, standing. I'll be right up front.

She's about 60 now. To me, sexy as hell, but in a dangerous way. I love that. :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMn2OJmx3w]YouTube - Grace Jones - Corporate Cannibal[/ame]

Here's one that's not digitally distorted.. check out the friggin' gams. Wait for it! lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeHuLC_okII]YouTube - Grace Jones - William's Blood on Le Grand Journal[/ame]

Great night tomorrow!!!

:p

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Remember her?

She's been huge in Europe for many years, and I've had her on my Alerts for years.

Tomorrow, baby!!! It's gonna be a great show! Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC.

It's a very good venue, standing. I'll be right up front.

She's about 60 now. To me, sexy as hell, but in a dangerous way. I love that. :eek:

YouTube - Grace Jones - Corporate Cannibal

Here's one that's not digitally distorted.. check out the friggin' gams. Wait for it! lol

YouTube - Grace Jones - William's Blood on Le Grand Journal

Great night tomorrow!!!

WOW I hope you don't mind me saying I hope you have a "FANTASTIC" "VERY COOL" time tomorrow night - I just know you will ( great place to see her perform )

Watched your video another WOW only one "Grace Jones

Totally enjoy yourself................................ :clap::clap::clap:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
WOW I hope you don't mind me saying I hope you have a "FANTASTIC" "VERY COOL" time tomorrow night - I just know you will ( great place to see her perform )

Watched your video another WOW only one "Grace Jones

Totally enjoy yourself................................ :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, deedee!

;)

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
We just got home! What a great show.

Very surreal. Like she comes out and shs'e 15 feet tall, etc. Amazing, and what beautiful people there.

We were right up front, second line from the stage (it's general admission, all standing), and lots of foreigners at this show, the people next to us were (I think) Russian, we were speaking, but there was a big language barrier. The people in front-right of them (against the railing) were French.

Really awesome show.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
If I could give this show a report card grade, it would be an "A".

She's unusual, avant-garde.

Even pushing through the people is ok... the bar is in the back, so you have to move your way through tons of people, you buy your drinks (EXPENSIVE... $8 for a beer, I was getting Long Island Iced Teas at $10.) And you have to tip. lol

Pushing your way back to the front was kind of amazing... some people don't want to "lose" their places, so some are resistant (I had 3 drinks in 2 hands), but what happened was the people behind them helped me and also told them to get out of my way.

Great show, and great people.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I have to tell you guys this story...

I didn't know the full deal until a couple hours ago.

At she show, we're right up front. To the right of me are Russian tourists that don't speak English well. The show starts, and all of a sudden some guy rushes in from the right of the audience and is standing, dancing, right in front of the Russians. We all were on line, for hours, then in the venue, for hours, and this person just appears! (I've dealt with that once before there).

All I saw was that there was commotion. And my wife had a firm grip on his shirt. He was saying "Let go of my shirt!!!"

I was telling her to let go of his shirt!

It turns out that I hooked onto this at the tail end of the whole incident. I was oblivious.

He thought that I was grabbing his shirt at first, I didn't touch him, or realize what was going on. He pushed his way in front of the shy Russian lady. (they were in their mid-20's). My wife grabbed him and he first blamed me (me, totally CLUELESS) and then he saw that it was my wife (me, still totally clueless) and he says "LET GO OF MY SHIRT, BITCH! OR I'M GONNA PULL YOUR HAIR!"

:2funny:

He'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO doomed!!! DOOMED!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!

So you have a mental picture... people compare my wife to Rosie O'Donnell all the time (she HATES it). And she could CARE LESS if someone pulls her hair. LOL! She was raised in a family of boys, and she knows the ropes. She's scary tough if she gets angry.

I can't believe that I missed this. All I know is the shirt grabbing stuff, people around us telling security (Stage security was right in front of us) and the guy being told he was "out of there", and he left on his own accord (otherwise security would have physically taken him out).

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
:hatsoff: Excellent. Good for your wife. You need to confront out-of-line people sometimes!

I can't believe I didn't see what was going on until the end.

We had a very similar thing happen there when we saw the B52's on Nov 1. Waiting on line, claiming your space in the venue, then as soon as the show started, someone (who was never on line, or was up front for hours) suddenly weasels his way in! Ridiculous D-bags.

And after last night, they have a system. They must do that all the time.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I got the WHOLE story. I was emailing with the guy in front of us.... and he totally filled in the gaps here.

This is classic, and I (the retard) missed the whole f-ing thing!

I must've been getting drinks at the time ($8 per beer, everything else $10+ :rolleyes:) and pushing out and in hundreds of people on the floor. Whatever...

All I see... all of a sudden, is my wife is reaching across me (to my right) clenching this guy's sleeve. He was reacting to it, and my immediate reaction was "Let him go!" I had no idea of what was happening.

The show was going on, everyone was trying to watch....

It turns out that the Russian people to my right, they were shy because they were in NYC for the first time, and they didn't speak English well at all, we were deciphering the accent, etc... his wife decided to get WATER and she pushed her way through the crowd.

One person waited for that and just rushed in... claiming her spot... even so, her husband acted extremely "gentlemanly" (he didn't know what to do).

This person wasn't waiting in line. and he was nowhere near the people that were near the front. He just "appeared" when the show started.

My wife started tapping this new guy's upper arm, and he ignored it. She did it more, and he ignored it. She started grabbing his arm and shaking his body, but he ignored it., She eventually grabbed his sleeve and he said, "Let go of my shirt or I'll pull your hair, Bitch!" (LOL!)

All I saw was she grabbing his sleeve and him reacting to it, I had NO IDEA that he just "worked" his way into the crowd right up front.

All I have to say is GOD FORBID he touched her.... I had ZERO CLUE as to what was going on, but she was practically welcoming him to touch her... and that would be IT.

Everyone loves her, people compare her to "Rosie" and she can't stand it. BUT she has a loving but very bold personality. NOT a push-over.. I'll take myself out of the picture, but if this person touched her, she was so pissed that he woudn't have a face left.

The person at the front (we've been emailing) flagged Security, and the person was taken out of there. It all worked out well. I feel bad about the Russian couple. I didn't have a chance to say good bye to them, and I feel bad about what happened while they were here.

Last edited:

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
People are rude idiots. This is why I don't like attending events such as The Grace Jones Show. sorry you and your wife had to go through this Oren.