Today's show and the Kennedy voice

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
It reminded me of an old performer doing his old tricks but something was off. Howard has lost his touch. He couldn't even fake being into that dumb impression and it showed. Great first day back.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It reminded me of an old performer doing his old tricks but something was off. Howard has lost his touch. He couldn't even fake being into that dumb impression and it showed. Great first day back.

I disagree. I thought it was great and he didn't hold back on anything (the drowning, bozing, womanizing, dead realtives etc...) just because he had died.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I actually changed the channel during this segment. I thought it sounded old & tired. I could handle it for a few minutes but it just going on and on and on.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey

I agree completely. I think Howard had prepared in advance and maybe written something. It almost reminded me of the Richard Nixon bits that Imus used to do... tedious and unfunny... Howard is much better ad libbing, feeding off of Artie, Robin and Fred... Wish he had just started out as usual bitching about something that happened on his vacation... and then letting Robin and Artie reveal something about what they had done...

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It had me laughing.

Errahhh, we would have had him lobotomized if he, errrahhh, didn't pass the bahhh.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Didn't catch the show today.... I was too busy outside enjoying the glorious weather.

/Didn't miss Howard or the gang.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I just caught most of this on the evening replay (6pm) and I thought it was great.

This segment, to me, embodies all that is great about the Stern show, an organic experience that is ever changing, evolving and going in directions you would have never thought. I can see people maybe thinking the bit went on too long (I don't think it did) but to say it was unfunny is just really bizarre to me.

Now, the chick that was on the Munsters, that went on WAY too long but the Kennedy bit was, I thought, great.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Sounded like Howard was having fun. You don't hear that often enough these days.

Agreed.

If he wasn't doing this, it would be "ughh, it's 6 AM on Monday, how much time do I have left on my contract?"

"Guess what I did over my vacation, Robin? I had dinner with Mel, made love to Beth, and met a whole bunch of celebrities. I'm Howard Stern and I make millions per year and my listeners don't, so i'm just gonna start up the news now so we can get out at 10:05 PM, which is exactly five minutes of overtime work, but don't tell the listeners because they'll bitch at me."

I have a feeling the voice isn't going anywhere.