Today's Denny's Commercial

flowerfeeder

Oct 15, 2008
Kinda odd that Howard would give a shit enough about some new owner of Denny's to spend 5 minutes talking about it this morning during the show.

How much do you think they paid for that hidden plug?

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
bingo! man, why the F did Howie care so much about the Denny's CEO whole life story

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I didn't catch it but isn't Denny's cuisine in the same category of restaurant food that Howard considers unhealthy?

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
There was a show from 2006 or 2007 where Howard brought out a radio news item talking about how Free FM was resorting to putting advertising into the show content. Howard joked about how desperate they must be to have to do that to the content of the show and that terrestrial radio must be losing a lot more money now that he wasn't there to make money for them.

Ironic.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
There was a show from 2006 or 2007 where Howard brought out a radio news item talking about how Free FM was resorting to putting advertising into the show content. Howard joked about how desperate they must be to have to do that to the content of the show and that terrestrial radio must be losing a lot more money now that he wasn't there to make money for them.

Ironic.
Yeah he mentioned this once, just like taking Fridays off.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Some fridays.
Him saying "some Friday's" was Howard in complete back pedal mode. I think you're referring to the Letterman clip. Howard did say a number of times while on terrestrial radio that he was going to work a four day week.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
In any case, Jason and Will and the rest of the back staff have Subway, Robin and Howard have Denny's.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
If Denny's advertises on Sirius, that means they're desperate, and I would go out of my way not to go to that shithole.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Too bad you don't go out of your way to stop listening to the Stern show. :D
Hey, did you send this same message to several million Stern fans? I think they took you literally. Please discontinue this practice immediately. If a few more people bail, the company may have to resort to cost cutting measures.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

Ironic.
Anytime Howard says "Something isn't a commercial" his story about radio sneaking them in. I know TV is doing....there was an episode of a sitcom recently centering around Dr. Quinn's necklace for some diamond company.

I don't think it's an actual commercial for Denny's, but Howard letting Denny's know he is a fan...of their CEO (a nice way of advertising for them while not haivng to actually talk about the food, which he would never eat).