Tmd

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Just decided to start a new thread....

It's getting more and more difficult to listen to TMD. And it makes me sad.

First of all, I completely HATE the "music" that they play. Music is very important to me and that hip-hop/dance stuff makes me gag. And automatically that puts me in an ill mood.

The whole "standing up!" and all that is old.

I'm getting tired of Bagman cutting off callers with the whole "let me finish" and all that. Sure the callers may be saying the same old things or completely off their rocker, but let the CALLERS have their say FIRST please. Let the CALLERS finish. The callers have a LIMITED amount of air time compared to the show host who can ramble plenty after they say bye to the caller.

I completely respect Moody in this regard because he will let the callers have their say first. Then Moody will have a civilized discussion with the callers about what they just said. (then he will crush them. LOL)

I keep listening because.....well, it used to be my favorite show. But I find myself more and more going to something else.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
First of all, I completely HATE the "music" that they play. Music is very important to me and that hip-hop/dance stuff makes me gag. And automatically that puts me in an ill mood.

Seriously, the "small" amount of music they play bugs you that much?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Seriously, the "small" amount of music they play bugs you that much?

Yes. May seem silly I know. But it does. I can handle a little of that hip-hop stuff in VERY small doses. :p But that's it.

Hip-Hop/Rap and that whole culture makes me sick and I want to change the channel as soon as I hear it. Maybe that means I'm an old geezer now but so be it. LOL.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Yes. May seem silly I know. But it does. I can handle a little of that hip-hop stuff in VERY small doses. :p But that's it.

Hip-Hop/Rap and that whole culture makes me sick and I want to change the channel as soon as I hear it.

By the time you change the channel it will all be over.. It lasts what all of 20 seconds..lol

You have a right to say what you don't like about TMD, I am just buggin' ya is all...lol

Great thread. I will add to it when I think of what I don't like...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
By the time you change the channel it will all be over.. It lasts what all of 20 seconds..lol

I know. LOL. But by that time I'm listening to another channel and that's what counts right? (I can change a channel REAL QUICK!)

And I know that what I like others don't like and so on.

Great thread. I will add to it when I think of what I don't like...

LOL. Yes. I started this thread because of a response in another thread, which was started because of another thread. Whew. :eek:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I try to listen to all of the shows that I get the opportunity to. NASCAR Radio was the whole reason that I initially subscribed to begin with. There aren't any that I have a problem listening to until all of the calls are about the exact same subject.

TMD - While others are, I'm not a big fan of the opening segment. I don't know why because the exact opposite is true of Moody's show. I agree on the whole 'standing up' comment. I was a big fan of Seinfeld too but it was much better when it was George standing up rather than Bags and Pete every ten minutes. At least we're past 'tuck and not tucked'! I do like their interview and news segments and many of the calls. Being an Earnhardt Jr. fan, I am not a fan of how both Bags and Pete characterize an Earnhardt Jr. fan's demeanor and thoughts. That's a turn off for me but I guess that's another subject.

TP - While other have Choc hate, I don't. I like that show but was a bigger fan when Postman was on the show with Choc.

Sirius Speedway - I like that whole show. I find it entertaining from beginning to end.

Late Shift - I like this show with Alex and Buddy. Great stories andI like that Buddy is starting to get some older drivers on the show.

Dialed In - I'm a CBL fan. She has some of the best interviews and certainly the most access of everyone. At least that is what she tells me before each and every interview. LOL

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Poole made the opening segment of TMD. His grummpiness made it funny :D

Now I like some country music, but I like hip/hop more. But I'm not dumb enough to know that most racing fans like country music a lot more than hip/hop. I think Bagley is a hip/hop music fan :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I hate when idiots call in and have idiotic things to say and take up alot of time and Bags just let's them ramble on and on and on...lol

Oh Pat Patterson, I love the guy but sometime he can put me to sleep almost.. lol

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Poole made the opening segment of TMD. His grummpiness made it funny

Oh man, do I miss that. I would make a point to always catch that first 30 mins.

Why the heck do my posts keep going up twice.

Because you're special and your opinions are twice as important as the rest of us. :rolleyes:

ct_mike

Oct 16, 2008
My biggest beef with TMD is that there is nothing Nascar related in the first 20 to 30 minutes, and that is the only time I get to listen. I end up turning to a different station, and often don't come back to 128 for weeks.

If they could give a little news or something in the first segment it would make it a lot better. And Sirius should just park these guys and get a group in that doesn't mind traveling. The whining every Monday morning is getting old.

ct_mike

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
As of now, I'd say Sirius Speedway has the best opening. Moody gets right to it by telling you what's coming up on the show and then, usually, they get right to nascar talk. They may veer off for a couple of minutes but then Moody brings 'em back to nascar.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Let's look at the times here. TMD has their own little chat first thing because their show starts so freakin' early and they don't have a huge crowd of listeners.

Second I think if I was traveling as much as them I would have some whining to do as well.. Everybody whines about something or another it is a part of life and who we all are.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Let's look at the times here. TMD has their own little chat first thing because their show starts so freakin' early and they don't have a huge crowd of listeners.

Yep. True.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute

Second I think if I was traveling as much as them I would have some whining to do as well.. Everybody whines about something or another it is a part of life and who we all are.

Well, the can't whine about NASCAR like all the sore fans do, so let them whine about something that some people might be able to identify with.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Honestly, I blame Pistone for the drop in quality. Granted, nobody was ever going to replace the great David Poole, but he balanced the show, and now the show is very off balance, and rather boring.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!

If I'm not mistaken 7am Est is considered a high ratings time in morning radio. it's the "morning drive'