TMD - You can call but you can't talk about it.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I know that DRC is pretty much a TMD love fest but IMO David's disclaimer is going to get old, real quick. It is a talk show. People are going to call and say what is on their mind.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I know that DRC is pretty much a TMD love fest but IMO David's disclaimer is going to get old, real quick. It is a talk show. People are going to call and say what is on their mind.

I thought it was pretty damn funny, myself. :clap: You got to look at it from their point of view. They've said all they want to say on the subject. At least they are letting people have their say still. They're just not going to reply to it.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Im not able to hear it today, but I didnt listen monday because it was already getting old. I cant imagine being in there shoes, but they did sign up for a live call in show. So its just part of the job I guess.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Im not able to hear it today, but I didnt listen monday because it was already getting old. I cant imagine being in there shoes, but they did sign up for a live call in show. So its just part of the job I guess.

Yes, it's certainly getting old but isn't the idea of a call-in talk show to take calls from callers? They seemed to indicate that there were not going to take calls on this after 9:30.

As and example, I do customer support part time from my home. My job includes taking calls from clients. I've been doing this for 15 years. How many times do you think that I get the same old questions? It's all part of the job.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
well it does get old after a day, but its just fun to hear how everyone is going to put a different spin on it. just one more day and they'll move on to this weekends race.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
well it does get old after a day, but its just fun to hear how everyone is going to put a different spin on it. just one more day and the callers will move on to this weekends race.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
hmmm, that's odd why it didn't post my other post but posted my edited post.

anyways i said, you have to remember they probably get tons of email about the matter and not to mention the average fan walking up to them flapping their 2 cents worth.

linkster

Oct 15, 2008
Arlington, MA

I agree, it's a call in show and there would be no show without callers and overall, I think they are pretty good at letting callers state their case. But I can also see DP's side in that I think he has said everything that he is going to say on the subject and he does do not want to debate the same topics over and over again. It is like beating the dead horse on Moody's show.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I got an idea for David and Mike. Start the show off with an idea to get the fans thinking. Turn their attention towards Calfornia. Talk about how Matt Kenseth is the most underrated driver of all time. You guys have the power to turn the topic around.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Since I'm not trucking anymore I don't get to hear TMD...my new favorite show is Late Shift.

But, I thought if anyone wanted to talk about TMD they had to go to the facebook page. :p

If any show host gets tired of getting paid to take calls just let me know and we can switch jobs. ;)

Pink Willie

Oct 14, 2008
Byron, Ga
I got an idea for David and Mike. Start the show off with an idea to get the fans thinking. Turn their attention towards Calfornia. Talk about how Matt Kenseth is the most underrated driver of all time. You guys have the power to turn the topic around.

I think they are obligated to start the show off obsessing over other men’s feet and pulling each other’s pants down.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
You know what? I commented before listening to the show. Now that I am, this is pretty funny stuff ahhaha. Oh my god this is hilarious!!!!!!

Last edited:

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
I feel for all the hosts on 128, It's mind numbing hearing the same calls about the same subject day after day.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I feel for all the hosts on 128, It's mind numbing hearing the same calls about the same subject day after day.

Why? They chose that job and I assume make descent pay for it. Its ok for it to get old to them, just as it is us. But they should deal with it, its only 4 hours or so. A lot of people have to put with asses 8+ hours a day to be able to survive these days.
I for one have heard Poole make the statement about getting your own show more frequently as of late. Thats a pretty crappy attitude to have towards someone that took the time to call your show, even if they are oblivious too reality! To tell one caller "get your own show", and the next thing you say is "calling a CALL IN show is always better than email" is completely insane to me. Im not bashing the guys, I enjoy the show very much when I choose to listen, but some of the bitchin and whining is getting old.