TMD - Randy LaJoie -- The Infomercial

johnbom

Oct 25, 2008
South Carolina
Does anyone else think that Mr. LaJoie needs to "back her down"? I don't mean any disrespect, but I had to change the station this morning.

He can tell really good stories, but how many times do we have to hear about the seat? I think we all know its the best seat on the market by now.

Maybe he doesn't get paid, but gets free mention of his company? If so, then fine.

I know D.Poole isn't gone that many times, but I think I know enough that I could go out and sell the seat.

Although I did find out today that William is blind. I didn't know that about Jan from Arizona for a long time, either. Would have probably never picked up on it had BagMan not mentioned it. I noticed he is sprinkling tid-bits of knowledge like that throughout the broadcast since the "merger". :clap:

The chemistry between Bags and D. Poole makes TMD the best show on S128/XM104. Maybe that's what I'm missing....

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Nate gets asked a lot about USA Today when he's co-hosts.

I don't think it's a big deal. His product improves the safety of the drivers we all love...:)

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Randy is passionate about his seat and driver safety. It's like Biffle and animals. Once he gets started you can't stop. That's why their passionate. They feel strongly about their cause.

brett1963

Oct 30, 2008
Cincinnati
I used to think like that too, but have come to realize the Randy is truly in it for the safety of the sport and not to make buck, (which he certainly needs to do to keep on going).

I've got no problem with it all especially when it helps keep drivers safe.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Johnbom,

Have you listened to the 4-hour midday infomercial for Richard Childress Racing, Childress Winery and the Richard Childress Museum? I can take more of Randy, because he's in it for safety reasons. Choc, on the other hand, makes me change the channel many days.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Johnbom,

Have you listened to the 4-hour midday infomercial for Richard Childress Racing, Childress Winery and the Richard Childress Museum? I can take more of Randy, because he's in it for safety reasons. Choc, on the other hand, makes me change the channel many days.

Funny you mention that because I just finished listening to the replay from yesterday was thinking about how much RCR gets mentioned and I did fast forward through a lot of it. I think I would rather listen to 8 hours of Manifold and his screeches.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
The chemistry between Bags and D. Poole makes TMD the best show on S128/XM104.

Amen to that.

Have you listened to the 4-hour midday infomercial for Richard Childress Racing, Childress Winery and the Richard Childress Museum?

LOL! Jeez, I still miss "The Driver's Seat". That was a great show to have on after TMD. I wish they could bring that back.

Any word on any changes for next year?

rdhdtrue

Oct 14, 2008
St. Louis
danicaboni.blogspot.com
Randy I LOVED when he was racing and cringe when he is on Sirius. BUT the times I have heard him talk about his seats a caller ASK. So it is not the infomercial that turns me off. I LOVE David and Bagman debating skills ... Randy just does not have it for me.

Last edited:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Randy isnt the greatest co-host by far. But I agree that his infomercial skills are generally brought upon by other people. Unlike the garbage that is trading paint where its nothing but yelling and screaming about nuts and the gift shop. I pray that Jan 1 2009 they change that show up again.

johnbom

Oct 25, 2008
South Carolina
Randy isnt the greatest co-host by far. But I agree that his infomercial skills are generally brought upon by other people. Unlike the garbage that is trading paint where its nothing but yelling and screaming about nuts and the gift shop. I pray that Jan 1 2009 they change that show up again.

I see your point. I hadn't really noticed that much, but I go to meetings and such while Tradin' Paint is on.

I fast forward on my SP4 to the interviews. I only have so much time in the day!

I must agree with you that it is true that he doesn't bring it up.

Please don't get me wrong, I like listening to his stories about the yester-year of NASCAR.

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
these guys are just giving a retrospect of their careers and lives... the seats are what he is doing now, I could care. We all probably have something we just go on and on about that drives others nuts...

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
these guys are just giving a retrospect of their careers and lives... the seats are what he is doing now, I could care. We all probably have something we just go on and on about that drives others nuts...
AMEN..........................Chocolate has never worked for another team to my knowledge. So where else can he pull experiences and stories from. I will admit I dont listen to every second of every show, but Im not gone very long until I find myself back on 128. They ALL get on my nerves sometimes, but if we were on the radio, we would get everyones nerves from time to time. They all had to grow on me in the begining, hell I been listening to Moody for nearly two years and he is STILL growing on me!:rofl:
They are all human(and full of crap from time to time), like the rest of us.:egypt:

AND BY THE WAY, YOU SHOULD ALL GO CHECK OUT THE RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING MUSEUM AND WINERY, ITS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And yes, I know from experience.

crewguy

Oct 17, 2008
I happen to enjoy it when Randy takes to the airwaves. He a down to earth guy and doesn't care if his posts are not "politically correct".

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
AND BY THE WAY, YOU SHOULD ALL GO CHECK OUT THE RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING MUSEUM AND WINERY, ITS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POLAR is awesome and so is Richards Red (glass stopper)!!!!