TMD Dream Team

Pink Willie

Oct 14, 2008
Byron, Ga
As the guys were talking about the broadcast dream team it got me to thinking…

One name that came to mind was Liz Allison as a pit reporter. Anyone been around long enough to remember her?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I've always liked Bob Jenkins. I was kinda disappointed when ESPN came back into NASCAR that they didn't bring Bob back in to call play-by-play...:worried:

I didn't hear anyone talk about any of the PRN announcers today. I'm not much of a fan of Doug Rice, but I do like Mark Garrow. I've always like Pat Patterson in the pits. He's always done a great job...:)

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The best broadcast team, network, production without a shadow of a doubt was Bob Jenkins, Ned Jarrett, and Benny Parsons and ESPN. With those 3 it was about the racing, it was professional, and it was informative. None of this 60 year old handicapped men yelling and clapping about cartoon animations, or shilling themselves out for their website. They have the ability to be what I look for in a racing production, but for some reason Fox deems it nessecary to appeal to the lowest common denomenator.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Bob Jenkins, Ned Jarrett, and Benny Parsons

They were excellent. I really miss Ned and Buddy Baker.

but for some reason Fox deems it nessecary to appeal to the lowest common denomenator.

Can you say "American Idol"?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I prefer any of the broadcast teams prior to the current television contracts. I keep being told on SIRIUS how good we have it now, with television, compared to the way it used to be. I don't agree. There are certainly more people watching today than there were 'back in the day' but that doesn't make things better IMO. I was fine with looking in my TV Guide to find out what channel the race was on that week. I was fine with the size of the fan base back in the day. Heck, I was fine with the sport before NASCAR Radio became available. Even if NASCAR hadn't changed into what it is today, with all of the expanded coverage and all, I'd be just as big a fan. I'd be going to as many races and I'd be watching every week I could find it on TV. As far as this topic goes, my current Dream Team is anyone but FOX.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
The Winston Cup years of the mid-80's through the '90's were fantastic. I really miss those days.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Who is handicapped, or is this figurativly speaking?

The FOX broadcast crew. I figure you have to be infirm to be constantly talking about a cartoon rat during a Nascar race.

To me back in the day was late 90's/2000. I really enjoyed the NBC coverage before Bill Weber invaded the booth with his drivel. The NBC pre race show was funny, informative, and about the drivers. The race broadcast was focused solely on the racing. The FOX pre race show was, has, and always will be another forum for the FOX broadcast crew to monopolize the spotlight. The FOX race broadcast does whatever it can to fill the broadcast with as much nonsense as they can.