Titans are F**ked

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
It appears to be over for my Titans. They are playing like shit and now we lose our two best defenders for the rest of the regular season, we have an anemic offense and a first round draft QB bust. Why do all my teams blow it at the end? I was a Chiefs fans for years and they rarely won a playoff game. I've been a Titans fan for 10 years, and yes, they went to a Super Bowl, but lost to a team with a QB that was a damn stock boy the year before! We are definitely not hot at the wrong time of the season, once again. Always so close but so far away. I am happy that the Titans usually have a winning season, but can't we have our turn just once? How many Super Bowls can the Giants and Steelers win? Even my Huskers have been down for 10 years. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Don't count out the Titans just yet.

Should be a great one on Sunday. Can't wait to watch.

Exactly, it could be a preview of the AFC title game. Unless, the Ravens and/or Dolphins make it to the playoffs. The Colts also have a very good defense.

I think the playoffs in both leagues will be wide open and very exciting. (Not a clear favorite)

Some very good defensive teams in the AFC.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Could be a good game, but with the absence of Haynesworth and KVB I don't know. I am thinking one of two things. Titans get blown out, or Titans lead 16-10 with 1:35 to go, Vince Young (since Collins got hurt and knocked out of the game) throws an interception to Troy P and he returns it for the touchdown to win the game. I guess I do have a small hope since the Steelers have had two very emotional and tough games against the Cowboys and the Ravens, that could work to Tennessee's advantage.

PS Shame on myself for thinking that Tennessee actually had lady luck on their side this year. We inherited this team from Houston, where they broke their fans hearts year after year, any one remember the greatest comeback in NFL History? The Titans (Houston) was playing in that game, no they weren't the winner.:(

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
PS Shame on myself for thinking that Tennessee actually had lady luck on their side this year. We inherited this team from Houston, where they broke their fans hearts year after year, any one remember the greatest comeback in NFL History? The Titans (Houston) was playing in that game, no they weren't the winner.:(

I remember that. I know this has probably been said before but if Houston had come out in the 2nd half and ran on 3 consecutive plays (taking the full 40 secs each time) and punting on 4th for each offensive possession they probably would have won that game even without acheiving a single first down.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
All I can say is:

Houston%20Texans%2002-Present.gif

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
All I can say is:

Houston%20Texans%2002-Present.gif

Owy Owy Owy. Not to take anything away from the Texans but the Titans played like crap. We should have beaten them soundly, that's how the Titans got to 10-0, by winning the games they were supposed to. And that's how the Titans break our hearts, by blowing it at the end of the season.:no:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Owy Owy Owy. Not to take anything away from the Texans but the Titans played like crap. We should have beaten them soundly, that's how the Titans got to 10-0, by winning the games they were supposed to. And that's how the Titans break our hearts, by blowing it at the end of the season.:no:

Piss poor time for a slump. Once they loose next week they can kiss goodbye to homefield.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX

Houston has been one of the best teams in the NFL over the past month or so...I saw that win coming a mile away.

And I've been waiting for the bottom to drop out on Tennessee. They remind me of the Raven team and the Buccaneer team that both won the SB earlier this decade....very strong defenses who win the games in spite of their offenses (Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson). Only, Tennessee's defense this year isn't as good as those two. Kerry Collins is a back-up QB who just so happens to be starting. If I were Jeff Fisher, I'd put in Vince Young once in a while, maybe every 4th series or so, just to give the opposing defense a different look. Just to keep the defense guessing. Because right now, their offense is bland and predictable. You only score 12 points on the Texan defense, you know it's time to change things up a bit.

They finish up with the Steelers and Colts, two very tough games. They need to win at least one of those to get some confidence back and to have any kind of chance in the playoffs.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

Go Texans! :p

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
It was a good game if you are a Texan fan, but I miss the Oilers and Bum.

The Oilers had some exciting players way back including Earl Cambell, Billy WHITE SHOES Johnson and Warren Moon to name a few. I was never there but that Astrodome I am sure got very loud.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is nothing new. Teams that start great end poorly. Teams that start poorly and end the season great go on to the Super Bowl...:)

Remember that 13-0 Colts team a few years ago? They lost to the Chargers then the wheels fell off the cart. But the next year they win the Super Bowl. Go figure...:right:

Good luck this weekend. You're going to need it...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The Oilers had some exciting players way back including Earl Cambell, Billy WHITE SHOES Johnson and Warren Moon to name a few. I was never there but that Astrodome I am sure got very loud.

I always liked Chris Dishman, Bubba McDowell, and Marcus Robertson. They were a nasty secondary. Al Del Greco was a badass too. And yeah, the Dome could get pretty loud.

steelers_oilers2.jpg