Timeout gone?

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
I listened to the web player today for around 6 hours straight. It was on MyRockbar. It did not time out 1 time. I never changed the channel or messed with the settings.

Has anyone else noticed no timeouts?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I listened to the web player today for around 6 hours straight. It was on MyRockbar. It did not time out 1 time. I never changed the channel or messed with the settings.

Has anyone else noticed no timeouts?
Had them multiple times today on iOS.
sjam613 Were you on MySXM? Puddy was apparently the whole time. Maybe no time-outs using MySXM!

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
Hmm... nice discovery puddychains :blob1:
I am not 100% sure there is anything to it. I just know today it never asked me or kicked me out. Work is generally the only time it stays on a channel long enough to get kicked out. At home I am messing with channels often.

I will see what happens tomorrow. Sometimes I get too busy and never login.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just saw a post on FB thanking SXM for getting rid of the Timeout- they were apparently listening to Classic Vinyl (not on MySXM) on Internet Radio. I don't listen via PC, so I can't confirm this, but I can verify I have not had any "Are you still listening" pop-up on the iPhone app or the Lynx for quite awhile.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
Listening to Comes Alive on the desktop player. Well past the *** mark and still going. I would think the apps would require an update to remove the timeout.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Listening to Comes Alive on the desktop player. Well past the 2 hr mark and still going. I would think the apps would require an update to remove the timeout.
True. I remember the update that brought the timeout to the stilettos.

Then again, the SL radios were somewhat of a different beast with the Zing software...ugh.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
i was listening to my oZzys boneyard for an hour last night and not a single are you still listening. i can enjoy sirius online again. i may become a online subscriber so i can listen on my iphone.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
i was listening to my oZzys boneyard for an hour last night and not a single are you still listening. i can enjoy sirius online again. i may become a online subscriber so i can listen on my iphone.
Listening on the iPhone is the way to go.. I'm enjoying the MyControl features a heck of a lot. :cool:

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
Listening on the iPhone is the way to go.. I'm enjoying the MyControl features a heck of a lot. :cool:

i may cough up the extra cash so i can have my own sirius online subscription so i can enjoy opie and anthony. my classic rewind is the best channel i have heard in quite a while.