Time Magazine Names Slacker 3rd Best App of 2009

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
"It's hard to say which free music-streaming service is really worth the hard-drive space these days, but Slacker stands out from the pack. For starters, its music library is nearly four times bigger than that of any other music-streaming app with unlimited free access. Slacker is also loaded with more than 100 pre-programmed genre stations, which is perfect for, well, slackers. And the app lets you customize stations if you want full control over what you hear — you can fine-tune your channels to play more of any kind of music you wish. "

Slacker - The Top 10 Everything of 2009 - TIME

Pretty good, eh? I agree completely with the write-up. However, my complaint still remains the amount of battery it uses.

Still, show some love for the Slacker app...

:bigthumbup:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The most recent update version 1.3 claims it has improved battery performance on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Not sure if you are talking about their own hardware or not. I find that with my G2 if I turn the display down or even have it only come on when the song changes I get a pretty good bit of time on battery. Naturally the less the display comes on the longer battery life will be. Nothing you don't know already I am sure.

I agree with the write up myself! My only bone to pick is that I wish in creating customized stations that they gave us a way to select specifics. For example, you have Alan Jackson he has gospel music, he has country music and he has holiday music. For me to create a station of just his gospel music I have to select each song, there is no way for me to tell it I want all his gospel music only. Pandora allows this for holiday music by just affixing (holiday) behind the artist name. It will only play holiday music by that particular artist.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Yeah, wouldn't you know it that as I type that up that up they fix the problem. In the time span it used to suck up 50%, it only sucked up 20%, so way to go Slacker:bigthumbup:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
And Time picked Vladimir Putin for Person of the Year for 2007 and Ben Bernanke for 2009. I'm not sure about their credibility here.