Tim Tebow

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the college or NFL forum...

It's obvious Tim Tebow will go down as one of the all-time college greats. Heisman Trophy, 2 National Championships + whatever happens this year.
74 TD passes (only 13 interceptions) + 48 rushing touchdowns.

The question: What kind of pro career do you see him having?
Quarterback? Tight End? other?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I'd love to see him as a safety. Maybe even a linebacker...that's how strong and physical the guy is (6-3, 240).

I don't see him succeeding as an NFL QB though. Not a true QB anyway. There's always the "Wildcat" package they can run him out of like Miami does with Pat White.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
There's never been a football player ever with more "want to" than Tim. He needs the right situation, but he can certainly succeed as an NFL qb.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Why do Heisman Quarterback winners do so poorly in the NFL? :scratch:

Eric Crouch was one of my favorite college QB's, but he sucked monkey butt in the pros :worried:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Crouch

I don't think Tebow will do anything in the NFL. He might not even get drafted :right:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I can't stand him.

I don't like his "JOHN 3:16" on his eye black.

I don't like the fact that he claims to be "saving himself for marriage."

I don't like the fact that he does missionary work during the off season.

He's the kind of guy that has such a pure front to him that it has to be a lie. It just has to be.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I can't stand him.

He's the kind of guy that has such a pure front to him that it has to be a lie. It just has to be.

So you think he's another Britney Spears? :scratch:

He's going to wind up on TMZ with an upskirt pick and shaved junk :shock:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I can't stand him.

:Eek: He sounds like a Jonas Brother...:shock:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I can't stand him.

Well you know he has been raised as a Christian and his mother and father has done missionary work all his life, so it is natural that he'd follow suit. They have never forced him to do it, no more than they forced his team mates to do it when they went along.

I have no problem with him being a Christian and raising the standards for his peers to follow.

I have never gotten the impression that he is pure, nor does he walk on water. He is just like most Christians... Saved by Grace! No man is perfect not even Tim Tebow.

I for one admire him, it almost sounds like you'll be so, so disappointed if he doesn't fall from Grace at some point. I think that is sad!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Why do Heisman Quarterback winners do so poorly in the NFL? :scratch:

Eric Crouch was one of my favorite college QB's, but he sucked monkey butt in the pros :worried:

Eric Crouch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think Tebow will do anything in the NFL. He might not even get drafted :right:

Tebow will get drafted..let's not go crazy now! He won't last past the 2nd round. He's too good a pure football player not to contribute at the next level. Whether or not it's at QB remains to be seen.

Crouch was an option QB at Nebraska, which doesn't translate to the NFL. I believe the Rams drafted him as a wide receiver. You should have used Matt Leinart as your Heisman QB example ;)

Or Chris Weinke...Jason White...Danny Wuerffel...Gino Torretta...and soon to join them, Sam Bradford :eek:

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I'm sure he'll get an NFL contract, because he has a Heisman and because, well, he's Tebow. I was going to say the same thing that AJII said though. He probably won't be an every-down quarterback, but be someone's Wildcat QB, now that that is becoming more popular in the NFL. He's just not the under-center (how many times has he lined up under center at UF?), drop-back pro-style NFL type.

If I had an NFL team, there are a lot of other QBs I would take before him.

Reactions: Aaron

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I don't know if he will be used in the "wildcat" in the NFL. He's just not fast enough. Now he is big enough to get a few yards when they need it, but he's not that fast. He's not going to out run NFL linebackers. If you look they use fast guys in the wildcat. He might make a great fullback. I would love to see him play defense though.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
He may be the only thing standing between the Jaguars moving to another city or staying. If he goes early in the draft, it's to Jax.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
If Jax moves to LA they need to put them in the NFC west and put the Rams in the AFC south.

As far as Tebow goes, he'll get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and fade into obscurity by year 2 or three. I hope he got a degree.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
If Jax moves to LA they need to put them in the NFC west and put the Rams in the AFC south.

As far as Tebow goes, he'll get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and fade into obscurity by year 2 or three. I hope he got a degree.

I doubt that will happen because for no other reason that he would make a great short yardage back for any team at the bare minimum.

He will be getting a degree in Community Services and going to work for his family's ministry once his playing days are over.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I doubt that will happen because for no other reason that he would make a great short yardage back for any team at the bare minimum.

He will be getting a degree in Community Services and going to work for his family's ministry once his playing days are over.

Are you sure he won't whine like Eric Crouch did "I wanna play QB, or I won't play at all, wah" It really is too bad Crouch didn't at least try. I could see Tebow as a short yardage back, as long as he's durable enough.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Are you sure he won't whine like Eric Crouch did "I wanna play QB, or I won't play at all, wah" It really is too bad Crouch didn't at least try. I could see Tebow as a short yardage back, as long as he's durable enough.

I think as long as he is drafted as a qb, he would be willing to help his employer out with short yardage runs while he learns the position at the pro level.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
He's the college version of Brett Favre, in that everyone can't stop talking about the guy like he's Jesus Christ himself or something. Gets annoying after a while. Beyond that, I think he's a talented college player, whether that translates to the pros remains to be seen.