Tiger Woods

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Are you Golf fans as obsessed with Tiger Woods as ESPN seems to think you are?

Get ready... Tiger is set to begin playing again soon. I have nothing against the man, it just annoys the heck out of me that he is ALL the media seems to care about in that entire sport. :banghead:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Unless Tiger is playing or it's one of the major tournaments, no one really cares about golf (outside of the hardcore PGA fans). Just the way it is. Tiger returning this week is a big deal for the PGA. That said, it is a match play event, so Tiger could very well be done by Wednesday, which would absolutely crush NBC. I'm sure they're hoping he plays well into the weekend.

CBS wishes he would have returned last week at the Riviera, but their loss is NBC's gain...

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
I won't watch golf unless Tiger is playing. DirecTV has a Tiger channel during the majors which follows his group around every hole.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
It will be interesting how much his game will have to change given his rehab.

What if he can't dominate due to a lack of distance from no more knee snap.

I loved how mellow golf coverage got after El Tigre' took his vacation. It was nice to see that other pro golfers do exist.

I get sick of watching his temper, hopefully the time home with his babies will have given him a more zen like approach on the course. Then the sky's the limit.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I am looking forward to his return. He is great to watch.

I just hope that his skills can rub off on my golf game.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Well I think he's officially back now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s8CqW00jiA]YouTube - Tiger Woods sinks putt to win Arnold Palmer Invitational 2009[/ame]

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I'm not a fan of golf on TV....but....I do watch it if Tiger is playing. I just like to watch great athletes in action and he's definately that. Yesterday he went in 5 strokes behind....as seen in the posted video....he won. It's fun to watch history...I can only read about many of our historical athletes....Tiger will go down in the history books and I can watch that. As far as the networks loving him....you bet they do....all you have to do is look at ratings when he's playing vs when he's not playing.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
He's an amazing golfer and entertaining to watch, even if you are not that into golf.

If you ever go to a PGA event like the US Open or PGA Championship, it's amazing to see the huge swarm of people that follow Tiger's every move. You can't get anywhere near him, unless you plan ahead and camp out at a particular hole a few ahead of where Tiger is.

The PGA (and golf business in general) needed Tiger back.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
If he's not playing, I'll watch the Major Championships, if he is playing I'll catch any tournament he's in. He's just that good.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Gatorade has a new Tiger commercial out just in time for The Masters. Looks to me like Tiger's Gatorade had a little LSD in it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojhqf7EHus0]YouTube - Tiger Gator[/ame]

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
The first thing about tiger that I noticed during the masters is his physique. He obviously spent most of his off time in the gym working his upper body. He was always put together pretty well (bigger than expected when in person), but he is bigger now. Surprised that Nike doesn't come up with a tiger woods wifebeater-style shirt to show off his guns.

Interesting that he is playing the same game with guys like John Daly and Craig Statler.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The first thing about tiger that I noticed during the masters is his physique. He obviously spent most of his off time in the gym working his upper body. He was always put together pretty well (bigger than expected when in person), but he is bigger now. Surprised that Nike doesn't come up with a tiger woods wifebeater-style shirt to show off his guns.

Interesting that he is playing the same game with guys like John Daly and Craig Statler.

Yeah I noticed that too. Tiger did mention that much of his time over these past several months has been spent in the weight room. And it shows. I'm really curious to know how much the guy benches. Tiger is listed at 6-1, 185 pounds...I bet he can get up 300 no problem.

I bet my buddy 50 bucks on The Masters. He took Tiger straight-up and I took the field. Pretty dumb bet on his part, not getting any kind of odds. Is Tiger probable to win this weekend? No way. Is he the favorite? Absolutely. But to say he's 50/50 to win is way off.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
What's up with the Masters coverage.? I want dawn to dusk coverage! Tiger's round will be over by the time espn picks it up at 4 today.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
What's up with the Masters coverage.? I want dawn to dusk coverage! Tiger's round will be over by the time espn picks it up at 4 today.

If you're desperate enough for some Masters coverage, you can watch Amen Corner live as well as holes 15 and 16 at The Official Site of the Masters Tournament

Not sure how the quality is.

By the way, my favorite hole in all of golf...the par 5 13th at Augusta, named Azalea.

And who doesn't love The Masters theme music?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdy6ppK8Wr4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I'm really curious to know how much the guy benches. Tiger is listed at 6-1, 185 pounds...I bet he can get up 300 no problem.

I would bet that the 185 is a bit light. Muscle is heavy.

How much can be bench? Wonder if he can bench Fuzzy Zoeller. That dude has built up a pretty nice "shed" to cover his "tool".