• A few minor adjustments

Votes: 61 56.5%
  • nothing is the same

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
:rolleyes:So how much has the line-up change affected you? What channels will you miss? What channels are you looking forward to? How much of an impact will/did it have on your radio presets? Is it good to you? is it bad? Lets talk about it.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Lucy_%28XM%29.png

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I have 40's, Escape, Watercolors and the Coffeehouse. And Holly for Christmas. I'll have to see if I enjoy the new XMU. I'm ok. It's the pure rockers that sound like they were hit the hardest.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I miss hotjamz and HHN because they were unedited. I am trying to keep upbeat though pop2k is playing a live acoustic song which is cool.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I think I made out pretty well. Only one or two changes to be made, and nothing was lost for me, really... I'll be keeping a close eye on the new Left of center name to see if things change, other then that, things seem fine, I even think I might find a few new favs.

JDawg3DX

Oct 16, 2008
Las Vegas
For those who listened to Joe causi on the Strobe on Sirius, according to Xm's 70s on 7 page, he will have a show on Saturday Nights from 9P until 3A eastern

oncesir

Nov 12, 2008
Had Sirius for 3 yrs(04-07). Listened to Octane & Alt Nation, realized the repetition, dumped Sirius for XM. XM is a far better service IMHO(musically). Squizz was a far better prog'd channel. So far Im not too disappointed by the new Octane. Ive heard several "Squizz" songs that were played that pathetic Sirius would never play. Lucy being axed is a bad deal. There will be mass cancellations due to that channel dying. They should have mixed those 2 channels(lucy/lithium) but got rid of the near 20 song Pearl jam spins on a daily basis and took all the songs that Lucy played and add them in. HUGE playlist and it would cover a much larger fanbase.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Lucy being axed is a bad deal. There will be mass cancellations due to that channel dying. They should have mixed those 2 channels(lucy/lithium) but got rid of the near 20 song Pearl jam spins on a daily basis and took all the songs that Lucy played and add them in. HUGE playlist and it would cover a much larger fanbase.

Could not have said it any better than that. I agree with you Lucy should not have been killed off in favor of Lithum. But if they were going ot keep it they should have added much of the music from Lucy to it to keep those folks that love that channel happy. There always seem to be that one really special channel that the manage to screw up and it causes a lot of frustration.

I hope folks will contact them and they will tweak the playlist accordingly.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
It's too early for me to tell, I'm looking to see if The Blend is a good replacement for Starlight and if "The Message" is a good replacement for Spirit. I will keep them on my presets since the numbers didn't change and check them out for awhile before deciding.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
My favorite station is/was Left of Center.

I've been listening to Sirius XMU now for about an hour and so far, it still seems "like" LOC with a few sprinkles of XMU thrown in.

The two channels that I will miss the most are Backspin and especially Boombox.

I can see why Boombox would be cut but Backspin ? I thought it was one of the more listened to stations. *shrugs*

It is cool to see the Decades are "cleaned up" now with the 40's (station I have always wanted) and 90's added. Also glad to see Cinemagic (another one I have always wanted) will be around as well.

In the end, now that XM has Stern, NFL and Sirius XMU and I already pay 4 bucks for Best of XM (not really sure why or if it is even worth it yet) switching to XM may be in my future.......

Last edited:

Troglodyte

Nov 11, 2008
:mad:It sucks big time. No classic dance, no classic Hip-Hop, no Movin' Easy (Escape and The Blend are awful) Soulstreet/Soultown is mostly overfamiliar 70's soul. 2 jazz stations. No Sirius Disorder. I'm taking this personally. They cancelled most of the stations, shows and DJ's I loved. I'll start mulling over how soon I'm gonna start cancelling subscriptions......

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
I would have also liked for Sirius to have gotten 20 on 20.

Why? When I had XM I couldn't get into that channel because it's way too repetitive. I like sitting on a channel for awhile. I guess if you are hit starved you can tune in to get a fix. How do you use that channel?

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
Shoot, I forgot about Disorder with was my #3 preset. I will definitely miss it. To me, that is what satrad is/was all about.

I will give The Loft a go and see if it will at least be a new preset.

And wow, if you subscribed for the Latin channels, I feel bad for you this morning.