This week's shows

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
For me, this one of the best weeks in a long time. The continiuty of the show day to day with Artie out and the discussion of Bubba, etc. including telling people to cancel was good stuff.

People rip Howard for being soft and not being the old dickhead pissed off Howard and the he comes on the radio and tells people to fuck off/cancel if they aren't happy and they complain that he is being a pissed off dick.

I'm not a daily listener of Bubba but I'll listen from time to time. It does suck that he isn't uncensored and is shackled by regular radio rules, but I agree with Howard that it will be interesting to see how Bubba performs under these circumstances.

Granted the new situation is not the ideal scenario but "it is what it is" and I think Bubba had to go for the money. He deserves it.

The good thing is that if satrad becomes a bit more stable, this is basically a commercial for Sirius while Bubba builds a bigger fanbase so that if he does return full time, he will be that much more valuable.

Plus, personally, sometimes Bubba can be a bit much for me and I tune out. I listened the other day I actually enjoyed his show more on regular radio.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The good thing is that if satrad becomes a bit more stable, this is basically a commercial for Sirius while Bubba builds a bigger fanbase so that if he does return full time, he will be that much more valuable.
Bubba's show is not a commercial for Sirius. His show is a four hour terrestrial radio show.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
Bubba's show is not a commercial for Sirius. His show is a four hour terrestrial radio show.
I understand and have heard that he is not on there talking about Sirius every minute but he isn't denying the fact he is on Sirius either mentioning Howard and others from the Stern show, etc.

So ok, in a sense IMHO it at least helps that Bubba is part of the Stern family and that in turn will at least keep Sirius on some people's radar.

Plus if Bubba's audience grows and his show becomes successful and he one day returns to do a Sirius show, more people will follow over.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I understand and have heard that he is not on there talking about Sirius every minute but he isn't denying the fact he is on Sirius either mentioning Howard and others from the Stern show, etc.

So ok, in a sense IMHO it at least helps that Bubba is part of the Stern family and that in turn will at least keep Sirius on some people's radar.

Plus if Bubba's audience grows and his show becomes successful and he one day returns to do a Sirius show, more people will follow over.
I think that everyone is on board the ship at this point. I don't see a significant number of subs being acquired through the advent of Bubba implying anything about satellite to people that can hear him for free. That could change in two years if Bubba plays terrestrial radio against satellite in order to get a pay day, who knows?

The thing is...Howard isn't making people outside of his sphere of influence curious enough to want to subscribe for his show. Added to the fact that he's already let it be known to those that ponied up to pay originally for his show(those that talk about his show to others) that he will be either leaving in two years or coming back with an amended work week, I don't see that people will be signing up to hear his show in its twilight stages.

I'm glad to see that you have a lot of hope for the show you listen to and to Bubba and his talent. Please don't take this the wrong way, but your post is positive and hopeful...it's so....what is it?....it's so.....2006.