This week's avatar!

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
You may have seen that several of us have changed our avatars to characters from Gilligan's Island. Long story, but it resulted from a post in which I called WolfViper "little buddy."

I'm proposing a new avatar theme each week based on a popular TV show. Each week we'll announce a TV show, and you'll post to claim your character from that show. First come, first served (shut up, Hectic).

I'm thinking some time on Sunday I'll open a new thread for next week with the theme of "Cheers" based on a suggestion from Jon. When the thread appears, you can claim your character and post your avatar. The following Sunday, we'll start over with a new show.

What do you think?

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Ah thanks Mary Ann :hhh: I like the TV show character avatar theme, Cheers can work we always have old and new photos of Kristie Ally. :D I think one funny TV show theme could be "The Office"?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You may have seen that several of us have changed our avatars to characters from Gilligan's Island. Long story, but it resulted from a post in which I called WolfViper "little buddy."

I'm proposing a new avatar theme each week based on a popular TV show. Each week we'll announce a TV show, and you'll post to claim your character from that show. First come, first served (shut up, Hectic).
I'm thinking some time on Sunday I'll open a new thread for next week with the theme of "Cheers" based on a suggestion from Jon. When the thread appears, you can claim your character and post your avatar. The following Sunday, we'll start over with a new show.

What do you think?
Awe. . . . .

We'll see. Cheers lacks the mythopoeic resonance of Gilligan's Island.
And Cliff Clavin steps up early! ;)

Reactions: goreds2

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I think we'll give it a try. You'll need to stay glued to DRC all day Sunday to see when I post the thread so you can nab your favorite Cheers character.

For now, have fun with Gilligan's Island. Feel free to make custom animated avatars and be creative.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
For now, have fun with Gilligan's Island. Feel free to make custom animated avatars and be creative.
I just tried it out, it took me couple of hours but I just created the DRC Gilligan's Island cast intro. The ones who changed their avatars and playing along, plus I added one funny part in it as well, well I find it funny. Hope you enjoy it?

Last edited: