This morning's Math

Smok44

Nov 19, 2008
Belmar, NJ
How the hell did they go from Sal owing 55K on his CC's, to him paying 200K a year in interest?
Wow their Math is horrible!

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
Its more funny that Howard is out of touch with reality in thinking that the 'middle class' individual isn't in debt up to their ears like Sal. Although, irregardless Howard worked his way to the $$ he is making, so can't really fault Howard on that.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Again and again..... No one steped up and said. Tell your wife to get a fucking job or find more work as a substitute. How hard is that and why won't anyone say it?????? That bitch wants to spend spend spend and not help pay the bills. If Sal had balls he would tell her to get a new job and pitch in.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
If we're going to get on the math issues, can I just point out the grammatically incorrect "irregardless" as well?

That would translate to "not without regard" which basically says you are including it...

:soapbox:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Actually, their math was fairly accurate. It was their complete lack of understanding of how your APR works that was pretty amazing. When they calculated $200K in interest per year on a $55K balance they should have recognized that it made no sense.

I just finished listening to the segment and it was funny as hell to hear them talk numbers. It was also sad to hear Sal's no-win situation. She's going to spend him into mega-debt, divorce him, take his kids, take more than half his pre-tax paycheck every week, and leave him with $55K+ in credit card debt. Then she'll be debt-free and going on dates with 1-4-3 in her Mercedes truck with her expensive purses that Sal will be paying off for the next 30 years. I really feel bad for the guy.