Thinking back, why in the hell did howard buy Robin that mercedes in 2006?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I mean it was so random. and right after she threw him a b-day party in 2006 when they first got on sirius. why would he buy her a car, when she already has a sh*tload of cars (she's mentioned an audi tt, corvette, lexus lx hybrid suv specifically). plus she doesn't even drive to work. she has a driver just like artie and howard do.

I wonder if the other staff was resentful. esp the ones that make the sh*t wages. I'm sure scott the engineer was probably the most mad.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
Because thats what rich people get other rich people cars.... I really don't think its that strange when you think of the circles they live in

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
It's especially bad when people like JD, Richard, Sal and everyone else in the back make minimum wage. Oh... and Howard also refuses to give out xmas gifts anymore.

See I would normally disagree with this statement if Howard wasn't so vocal on how he is NOT like that....... but at the same time, I think the people that have come with him through the years are taken care of... so..... and I think Howard only cares about himself, Robin and Fred... and thats only in the show, outside of the show... Howard cares about himself and that wonderful owl that Beth saved

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
scott the engineer is taken cared of as well I'm sure. no matter how much he f*cks up, they always keep him around. and I'm sure he's being compensated given he's put in 20 plus years.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Wasn't that car for Robin's birthday that year?

I also thought this.

When it happened, I really do think it put a line down dividing the staff, somewhat. It sounds like Howard has done some nice things out of the blue, but he invariably will bring it up, even if he wasn't intending to, because he wants the attention. Examples include buying Richard a big screen plasma TV, and supplying catering to Ronnie's mother's wake.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
It's Howard's attempt at watching firsthand an example of 'cars and effect'.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I think Robin was about ready to bail at that time..

Talk amongst yourselves...

:p

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I think it was as compensation for her failed television talk show. I believe she already made the trek over to sat radio, but her much talked about tv venture was suddenly not talked about anymore. I think it happened around that time.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
no it wasn't. he bought robin that car the same month they arrived on sirius in jan 2006. I know this, cuz he gave her the car right after she threw him an extravagant b-day party. so it had to be in january.
Damn, now you made me have to go and do some research.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Someone like Robin is invaluable to Howard. Her value might not be to the fans directly, it may not be that she works harder than a Scott the Engineer for example. I could nearly guarantee that Howard is extremely loyal to Robin because she has been loyal and also saw the potential of the show early on.

When you are trying to create something big like the Stern show from the ground up, having someone as your right hand man or woman that believes in it from the get go is the most important thing. A Scott the Engineer can't see potential. He just is a bitter person who will bring the show down. Robin Quivers may not be as entertaining as people wish, but she was the catalyst for making this show happen and that's well worth a Mercedes. It's a show of appreciation. She's been there and saw the potential early on. And she fought with Howard through all the battles. Fighting like that royally sucks when it's just you. Some people you can pay to put in hard work. But some people have your back and that's Robin.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Someone like Robin is invaluable to Howard. Her value might not be to the fans directly, it may not be that she works harder than a Scott the Engineer for example. I could nearly guarantee that Howard is extremely loyal to Robin because she has been loyal and also saw the potential of the show early on.

When you are trying to create something big like the Stern show from the ground up, having someone as your right hand man or woman that believes in it from the get go is the most important thing. A Scott the Engineer can't see potential. He just is a bitter person who will bring the show down. Robin Quivers may not be as entertaining as people wish, but she was the catalyst for making this show happen and that's well worth a Mercedes. It's a show of appreciation. She's been there and saw the potential early on. And she fought with Howard through all the battles. Fighting like that royally sucks when it's just you. Some people you can pay to put in hard work. But some people have your back and that's Robin.

soooooooo, when does fred get his aston martin then?