Things Are Shaking At DirecTV And Sirius XM

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i already had it visioned that directv would combine siriusxm as a package deal before liberty media bought a stake in siriusxm, but to have the nascar channel on directv would be just that much sweeter.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'll just wait and see. Frankly I'll take cable internet over sat. or DSL any day. I'm way out in the country and Sat. internet is WAY beyond my pay range.

And I'm also still pissed that the cable and Sat. companies get away with these "bundles" or TV packages that they force you to get. What a freakin' rip off. Where's the consumer groups? Or congress (who want to stick their nose in every other part of my life)?

I should be able to go to the cable company and pick out the stations I want and only pay for those stations. Shoot, I only want about 5 to 10 anyway. I'll pay $25 a month for that plus locals.

And I don't like the idea of these TV/internet/phone bundles. I really like to keep things separate (just in case).

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
directv and sirius only makes sense since liberty media holds a 40% stake in sirius. if that lowers my sirius receiver down $1-2/month...then so be it

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
My stepson, who's living with me and the wifey for the summer, just ordered dirictTV for us. So for the first time is years I'll be able to watch the summer races. And hockey!!!! :clap:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
My stepson, who's living with me and the wifey for the summer, just ordered dirictTV for us. So for the first time is years I'll be able to watch the summer races. And hockey!!!! :clap:

Very cool! The post season of hockey is fantastic. Go Pens!

I live in the middle of nowhere and we have nothing available to us other than satellite television. One thing that I do like about it is the portability of the system. We have an extra dish that we have mounted on the side of our camp and are able to watch the races while we are away from home. We also have another extra dish that we can take with us when we go rv camping that allow us do do the same.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'm eager to compare racing coverage with what I've seen from Fox so far.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Sat. internet is WAY beyond my pay range.

The last time I checked it was astronomical!!! But a friend told me the other day it had came down and was very reasonable. I live about 50 yards too far from the friggin cable that comes up the highway to get the internet from the cable company!:bigahh: I had it in the past at a different home, that service is the s*$t for internet!!!! :buttrock:

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
I'm paying about 65 bucks a month maybe a little more for internet through Dish Network, its not the fastest but when the only alternative is dial-up its not bad, the service I got is probably 5 times faster than dial-up.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
When the buddies start playing the "what would you do if you won the lottery" game, I always tell them one of the things I'd do would be to get the fastest internet connection I could find.

Here's a WOW! story....

Sigbritt, 75, has world's fastest broadband - The Local

"a blistering 40 Gigabits per second connection"
" able to enjoy 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously....download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds."