They lost my luggage again! aaargh

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
They lost my luggage again. Exactly two weeks to the day, same destination, same airline, same bag. This time I had no choice but to check. I will be out for at least 10 days, maybe more. One bag filled with tools, the other bag filled with enough clothes for a week plus my toiletries and a few other things. I got the bag with my tools in it, but no clothes. Flew into Spokane on United Airlines to drive to Walla Walla to work on Sunday, here it is Monday night and they still haven't found it. I am really getting pissed.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
DOOD! You've got some bad travel karma going on. Volunteer for some charity work QUICK! Fix your travel mojo ASAP! When you buy new clothes, leave em there for next time. Or, next time you go UPS your shit to the hotel before you go. The travel consultant on the Today show swears by it.

Good luck + sorry it happened again!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
You do have a public option, don't you?

I have flow United twice from Houston to Casper, Wyoming. Lost luggage both times.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
That sucks...big time.

Maybe "they" monitor this board and are pissed that you complained the first time? :p

Hope it all works out for you.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
:funny: That's the first thing I thought of when I read the subject line!

But yeah blyons, stop flying United or try to find flights that are nonstop...and stop packing too many clothes!! You're worse than a woman!! :jj:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
:funny: That's the first thing I thought of when I read the subject line!

But yeah blyons, stop flying United or try to find flights that are nonstop...and stop packing too many clothes!! You're worse than a woman!! :jj:

Ya but I could be gone for a month or longer. Don't want to have to do laundry every 3 days. I have to have my tools; I wish I could take more than I do, but it's just not possible. I already carry on all my electronic stuff like laptop, printer, camera, external hard drive, sat radio, PSP, iPod; iPhone, and paperwork.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Maybe your choice in luggage had em confused?:p:sarcasm:

garbage-bag.jpg

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I must be lucky in this respect. Never had lost luggage, not once.

When it happens, does the lost bag usually show up sometime later on, or no?

What's the typical policy on this? Do they have X amount of time to recover it, and if not found they pay a certain amount for each lost bag?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I must be lucky in this respect. Never had lost luggage, not once.

When it happens, does the lost bag usually show up sometime later on, or no?

What's the typical policy on this? Do they have X amount of time to recover it, and if not found they pay a certain amount for each lost bag?

Careful! Don't jinx yourself and upset the baggage gods!
Make an offering QUICK!